Does anyone else use all their syns on wine?

aliben

New to SW but so far seem to be saving syns for wine - is this destined for failure? The one habit I have found hard to break.

It has helped me moderate drinking but not sure its what SW would approve of!

I have been dieting since April and have lost 1 stone 9 lbs since and can honesty say that most of my syns have been used on wine.
If you enjoy it, why not?
Some people use theirs for chocolate or other treats, so as long as you are losing weight and feel okay in yourself, go for it! :D

Michelle

Hi

I've been doing SW since April with OH and we've lost 1st 3lbs and 1st 10lbs & have both achieved our Club 10. And yes....we use most of our sins on wine/alcohol. Also, have to say that for some reason, alcohol seems to speed up our weight losses !! ?

Thanks everyone for making me feel normal - so I shall enjoy my Saturday night with the girls guilt free :)

Your syns are for you to enjoy any way you want. Sometimes I will have wine, sometimes chocolate or icecream, sometimes extra cheese or bread, or half an avocado.

The whole point is that it is entirely your choice. And everyone's choices are different.

Haha, and there was me thinking I was the only one saving most of my syns for wine :)

Tho my main concern is that my (already weak) willpower becomes even more pathetic after a glass of wine. I guess I will give it a try, and if the wine leads my off track then start using my syns for other things.

i love my wine but it is syn-ful so i started making it a white wine spritzer (half wine and half diet lemonade) and still got my wine fix but cut the syns in half :)

its so cold just now im choosing hot choccie over wine lol!! never thought i would see the day! xx

Four weeks in and finding it much easier to go without as much wine. My doctor would be proud of me. Starting to find more pleasure in using syns to have lovely meals. Think a good strategy is to spend more on a decent bottle, and have less of it....

I don't really have a set thing I use my syns on, I like to have a bag of crisps (usually velvet crunch or snack a jacks) but sometimes I'll have chocolate, or a drink or a galaxy hot choc... I don't really have a syn pattern... I just think what I fancy at the time and whether I can have it on plan.

I plan our menu's for the whole week and they're all done without any syns at all. Then we can use our syns how we want - almost without fail if I use any syns its on alcohol. Although I have swapped from lager to wine, and sometimes gin and slimline tonic (mostly so I can drink more without feeling too guity!). :D

Yeah, I also try and make my menus as syn-free as poss, so i can use my syns on 'naughty' stuff :p

Although, I've noticed i've stopped craving things as much (touch wood, lol) - i used not to be able to go an entire day without cake or chocolate, whereas now i'm not so bothered. And i've gone over a whole week without wine! (not that i'm an alcoholic, lol, but used to have a glass of wine several times a week)

I use 90% of my syns on alcohol as I am only 21 and go out every weekend drinking! I am ok most of the time sticking to vodka/malibu with a diet mixer etc and will have the odd shot of Sourz (4 syns). I love a glass of rose though! x

Ive got a feeling most of my syns will be going on wine too! Although not 3 bottles a week like I used to! No wonder I put so much weight on, but wine was my substitute for cigarettes.

Back