Does anyone ever have 15 syns??

I use the full 15 every day, I have a syns shelf that I cannot reach without steps and it has fun size crunchies, maltesers, buttons etc, and marshmallows and shrimps, and velvet crunch.
I save all my syns until after tea and then my husband gets me down what I ask him to. I am hoping that one day I will have the control to keep them where I can reach them, however there are steps and a litter picker stick thing in easy reach if I wanted to blow it and rob the syn shelf I could, I would only be cheating myself though.

ps WOW, look how much weight you have lost! SO CLOSE to your target weight. Amazing :):):)

What an inspiration! xxx

Thanks for your nice comments, I still have a way to go yet, I suppose if I had had less syns a day it might have gone quicker but I doubt I would have stuck to it!

And the Strictly spoiler is usually texted by somebody in the audience and then posted on the spoiler thread on Digital spy forums, it is hidden in the spoiler thread as there are obviously those who want to wait until Sunday night to find out. :)

Good luck with your journey too!

This is interesting, I often use mine for quorn/veggie products, oil, cheese, mayo etc, or bread etc occasionally, but also like the option to use them for chocolate etc a few times a week. It definitely makes me feel more in control, for instance yesterday I made some of those bake yourself croissants with the kids, I knew I wanted one, and had half and synned it, whereas if I was doing a plan when it was off limits I'd have been more likely to have just eaten it and ignored that I'd done it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hells2012sw said:
This is interesting, I often use mine for quorn/veggie products, oil, cheese, mayo etc, or bread etc occasionally, but also like the option to use them for chocolate etc a few times a week. It definitely makes me feel more in control, for instance yesterday I made some of those bake yourself croissants with the kids, I knew I wanted one, and had half and synned it, whereas if I was doing a plan when it was off limits I'd have been more likely to have just eaten it and ignored that I'd done it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I totally get you. I'm the same, it really helps ne stay on track. That little bit of lee-way makes such a difference!

I'm only in my 2nd week.. This time :-(.... And am following extra easy... I am tending to use my syns for an 'extra' healthy extra... usually cheese if I have had milk as my A choice... I am not using more than 10 a day... Not consciously but am so full of the free and super free stuff I've no room for anything else...

I think I should prob make an effort to use more as I was told I should have 20 at the moment by my councillor. If I'm using them now and losing will have something to reduce down from
If weight loss stops or slows...,I just don't want to eat stuff for the sake of it...

I'm only in my 2nd week.. This time :-(.... And am following extra easy... I am tending to use my syns for an 'extra' healthy extra... usually cheese if I have had milk as my A choice... I am not using more than 10 a day... Not consciously but am so full of the free and super free stuff I've no room for anything else...

I think I should prob make an effort to use more as I was told I should have 20 at the moment by my councillor. If I'm using them now and losing will have something to reduce down from
If weight loss stops or slows...,I just don't want to eat stuff for the sake of it...

It's never a good idea to eat for the sake of it.... although I have to admit I do sometimes *cough-last night had a lion bar just to use my syns-cough* You could always use syns within your meals if your wanting to introduce some more, have a higher syn sausage or ready made burgers (as long as you know the syn value and count them) a bit of tom sauce or whatever you fancy, gravy ect. or you could use a bit of olive oil instead of fry light

donna88 said:
It's never a good idea to eat for the sake of it.... although I have to admit I do sometimes *cough-last night had a lion bar just to use my syns-cough* You could always use syns within your meals if your wanting to introduce some more, have a higher syn sausage or ready made burgers (as long as you know the syn value and count them) a bit of tom sauce or whatever you fancy, gravy ect. or you could use a bit of olive oil instead of fry light

Yeah that the kinda things I'm doing... I'm sure there will be a day that I want a kit Kat tho.. And I'll let myself have it :)

I always use my Syns on chocolate and sometimes crisps. Chocolate is my weakness and I love that I can have 3 fun size bags of Maltesers (5 Syns each!) a day if I wanted to :D
I tend to eat all my HEX and free and super free foods during the day so that I can have my Syns later in the evening, whilst in front of the tv!
I tend to go as close to 15 a day as I can, although I often am under as I can't physically eat anymore food, and I've also had days when I've gone over ( sometimes way over!!) but then I'll be extra strict the following day.
Its all about what works for you :)

I've actually just been working out how many Syns I had the week I lost 4lbs ( I keep a online diary on SW website) and it turns I had 85 Syns out of 105!! No wonder I lost 4lbs :D
This week so far I've had 50.5 Syns and will prob only get to use about 9 today with my roast dinner, and maybe 15 tomorrow which would bring me to 74.5 Syns by the time I get to Tuesday WI :D
Plus with my weekly swimming session today hoping for a big loss!!

muffinandsam I think that is a great way of counting your syns and I think that will work for me so I am going to give it a go!

Back