does anyone ever have a day off?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by assj, 5 November 2009 Social URL.

1. assj

assj Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.7lb(11.5%)
    Diet:
    Healthy lifestyle
    like not count cals for a day once in a while and kinda eat whatever takes your fancy?
    i kinda fell off the wagon a couple of times last week (still lost weight mind) and i though maybe i wouldnt binge when i get fed up if i give myself a day off once in a while
    does anyone do this? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LaLaLou

LaLaLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I did this about a fortnight ago, had a chippy and everything :eek:

I still lost that week, and I stopped craving crappy foods for the rest of the week!

I don't think it'll do any harm as long as it's only once in a while. And if it stops a major binge then I'm all for it!

4. Jot

Jot jo'stime

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Yes today hon, cause i am feeling better my appetite has gone through the roof today, still have healthy stuff but loooaads of it.

5. soozsb

soozsb Xmas goal, here I come!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.93%)
    Diet:
    Reductil/Meridia and Xenical
    That is usually how I follow my diet. I usually take off the weekend. I don't bing mind you b/c then I would gain all the weight back. But right now I am doing the johnson up day down day diet so every other day is an eat what you want diet, so I don't have to take the weekends off. I just started it on Monday but have lost 3 pounds already. :D

6. Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade Bad girl warning...

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Zenzible eating & exercise
    I believe that for a diet to work it's got to not feel like a chore or a punishment so if that includes having a day off once in a while then that's all part of the weight loss process. If it helps you stick to your diet the rest of the time, then it's a positive thing. And I agree with Lou that it does seem to take care of the cravings for a while.

7. CrazyBrit

CrazyBrit Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    I don't really go for "days off", as I don't think that's an approach which will lead to successful maintaining once I reach target. But that's because I tend to get obsessive quite easily, so if I allowed myself days off, I'd start obsessing about them :D

8. Andys74

Andys74 Majorie Dawes' lovechild

Start Weight:
    28st6lb
    Current Weight:
    23st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(17.34%)
    Diet:
    GP Practice Dietsheets
    I tend to try to have a meal off rather than a day off - but it is nice to have a small treat once every few weeks. The trouble with eating loads for me is that I then feel hungry for the same amount the next day.

9. PieMan

PieMan Member

This is currently my biggest problem. I am very strict and stick to my required calories for the day in the week and see the weight loss. But because my metabolism is messy when i get to the weekends and have my two days off. Im not even binge eating. Just having a little extra sweet stuff, then i pile it right on. I found out the reason why at this forum today actually. Im still going to have my day off but try and fill myself with healthy stuff, as opposed to snacking on the bad.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.