Does anyone ever put their food into myfitnesspal?

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
Hi, I've only started Slimming World on Thursday and just out of interest put my two day's food into myfitnesspal... Friday was fine as came out at around 1500 cal, but yesterday was 2250! I'm completely sticking to plan, and only ate when I was hungry, 1/3 superfree at every meal, but portion size is definitely one of my issues with food! I wasn't stuffed at any point, so I'm a but worried that just to feel satisfied I'm going to overeat :(
Do you think I should keep an eye on calories/ cut portion sizes a bit, or just carry on with the plan and hope I manage to lose at weigh in?
Any advice greatfully received!

Hi, I've only started Slimming World on Thursday and just out of interest put my two day's food into myfitnesspal... Friday was fine as came out at around 1500 cal, but yesterday was 2250! I'm completely sticking to plan, and only ate when I was hungry, 1/3 superfree at every meal, but portion size is definitely one of my issues with food! I wasn't stuffed at any point, so I'm a but worried that just to feel satisfied I'm going to overeat :( Do you think I should keep an eye on calories/ cut portion sizes a bit, or just carry on with the plan and hope I manage to lose at weigh in? Any advice greatfully received!

I gave up using mfp because I was always over on my calories. I've been a member since jan and only had 1 gain so don't worry too much about it unless your losses have slowed down xx

Thanks for the reassurance, I'll forget about MFP then and just enjoy! One thing's for sure, I'm definitely eating more fruit and veg - I reckon I've managed about 10 a day both days which is a lot better than the 2-3 I'd manage left to my own devices!

I agree with lentil, do either one or the other.. When you first start sw its difficult to see how you can lose weight whilst eating normal food, but if you stick to the plan you will!
I think if i hit a brick wall and couldn't shift any more i would consider calorie counting to see if there's something obvious, like carb portion size for me, that i could limit. But while im still losing im just enjoying it :) good luck, let us know how you get on x

I do every other day mainly to ensure I'm getting enough. Otherwise I end up sub 1000 on slimmingworld!

Whatever works for you xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

switch to a smaller plate i was always under on calories but never lost weight only stayed the same

I use mfp simply bc I find it more user friendly than the sw app (which I don't like!)

But I don't tend to fixate on the cals. It's more of a keeping track of everything kinda thing.

X

With your weight, your basal metabolic rate is 2300 calories. That's without doing anything! With daily activity, you'll be burning about 3000-3500 calories a day. You're going to feel hungrier. You need more food now than you'll need when your 3 stone lighter. As you lose weight, your appetite should start to decrease. Just pay attention to it. I think this is where some people half way through slimming world decide it doesn't work. They've never allowed their portion size to adjust as they've lost weight, but kept eating the same size portions.

I can can definitely eat less now than I could 5 months ago. Slimming world is about listening to your body and forming good life long habits. I use MyFitnessPal as my diary and all it shows me is that slimming world is awesome

Thanks all! I decided not to worry about it and just stick to following the plan. Second weigh in today and lost 3lbs... alright but not an earth-shattering first week! Will stick with it though and see how next week goes!

I used to but I found it to be pointless and to be honest, counter productive. You can either count calories or count syns, the two aren't designed to go together. SW isn't just about calories, it's about the nutritional values in calories and so you can eat more but it's good food, good calories and you lose weight. MFP doesn't track syns so it won't help you in your SW journey in my opinion.

If i stopped tracking I'd be eating 600-700cal a day just sticking to slimmingworld rules. Which I don't see as sustainable long term or good for me!

600-700 calories a day using slimming world rules?? How?? That's not particularly because you're following SW rules, I think that would be because you're being over strict and not allowing yourself enough. You're allowed unlimited (to some extent) rice, pasta and potatoes. They aren't low calorie and if you're having them in 1-2 meals of a day and having a 'normal' portion size then I really don't know how it would be as low as 600-700 calories a day. I think it's probably being too strict on yourself, I'm strict in terms of syns (usually!) but I'm not when it comes to free foods, as long as I get my 1/3 superfree in there which I do, often it's more than that.

If i stopped tracking I'd be eating 600-700cal a day just sticking to slimmingworld rules. Which I don't see as sustainable long term or good for me!

Really? I fail to see how you can have that few calories by sticking to SW correctly. After all, even having your full days syn allowance, that is 300 calories on it own.
What are you eating to only have 600-700cals a day?

Plus, why should knowing your calorie intake 'make' you eat more?

I mainly eat Superfree as a vegetarian

I have to be careful with my eating due to crohns. I do track as I try to make sure I'm over 1000 and so if I did have a flare my Gastro could see what I've been eating easily

I do green so I always have double hexb and Superfree everyday. I usually save my syns for one evening

The 600-700 calories a day then isn't really down to SW, that's down to the food choices that you make. From your diary it's not really about what you're eating it's the fact that you're just not eating enough. I think if I (or anyone in my group) were to hand that in as a food diary to my consultant she'd have concerns and say I wasn't eating enough.

Yes I log my food in MFP it started just to keep track of what I was eating but I am close to target now and I am finding it hard to lose the last few pounds. Sometimes I am over but I am usually around 1200-1500 calories. I eat 3 good meals every day and only snack when I am hungry.

Back