Does anyone feel fatter?

MissHarleyQuinn92

Even though I'm losing weight and my clothes fit better and I'm getting fitter... when I look in the mirror I think I look bigger than I was before. o_O
Does anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I do sometimes, like today....even though I've lost over 2 stone and I know my body is smaller...my thighs just looked horrible, all bumpy and white, and the fat seemed to just blob everywhere on the chair :(

I do :( even tho my clothes are huge and I've already dropped 3 dress sizes I feel huge! I just wanna be a skinny Minnie! :)

At least I'm not the only one. >__<
So do you guys think we're just crazy and other people don't see us the way we're seeing ourselves?

I'm in 2 minds about the way I see myself, if people say I look good etc I just assume they're being polite because they know I'm trying to lose weight. I want to lose another stone but last night I wore a new dress out and amy friends who I was out with said I didn't need to lose any more. Regardless of that I won't stop 'losing' until I'm happy!

I've lost alot of weight (more to go) and i have saggy bits that i'm trying hard to tone up (i know in back of mind that i'll have to have an op to remove, but fingers crossed i wont) and even tho i am now the thinnest i have ever been, skinnier then high school, i still feel like my old self.. i see myself in a mirror and i see a thinner me, but when i'm talking to people i still feel like i have my massive head, triple chin etc.

the only way i can describe it is 'phantom fat' .. you hear stories of people that have lost legs / arms, still feeling they are there (phantom limb syndrome) .. well i still 'feel' the lost fat.

no idea if thats everyone, or just me.. but i am pretty weird and strange so probably lol

:D

just did a quick google search and there really is something called 'phantom fat syndrome'

“People who were formerly overweight often still carry that internal image, perception, with them,” says Elayne Daniels, a psychologist in Canton, Mass., who specializes in body-image issues. “They literally feel as if they’re in a large body still.”
Daniels and other experts suspect this may happen because the brain hasn’t “caught up” with the new, leaner body, particularly for people who were obese for many years and then experienced rapid weight loss.
“Body image is a lot harder to change than the actual physical body is,” Daniels says.

interesting .. was hoping to copywrite that phantom fat syndrom them :( bugger lol

I must be the odd one here because when I reached target last year I felt amazing and all the way down with my weight I felt fantastic.
I loved being slimmer, I walked differently, acted differently. The thin person had been allowed to escape.
Why on earth I put weight back on I will never know but this time will make sure I keep that wonderful feeling. A wonderful feeling I had from the first loss.

Miss HarleQuin how can you feel fat. Look at your stats.................

: Slimming World - Extra Easy
Height: 4ft11in
Start Date: 7th April 2012
Start Weight: 9st7lb
Current Weight: 8st11lb
Goal Weight: 7st12lb
Goal Date: 27th August 2012

I know you are tiny but gosh what a wonderful achievement. Nearly a stone gone and only a stone to go. Half way there.

Rejoice that the folks of Gotham City will see an enormous change in you lol !!!:D

I think really my self-perception changed when I hit the "healthy" BMI bracket. I really felt like I had achieved something then. Up until that point, I was still overweight or obese, as I had always been.

I don't feel fat. I feel great. I just think I look flabby in the mirror.. which I shouldn't cuz you're right about my stats. @_@

I 'feel' fatter I mean actually to touch as my fat is wobblier than before!

I feel fatter than ever. I have lost 11lbs, but I feel awful. My knees hurt, my back hurts. I am having a bit of a down day. :(

mrstaylor said:
I feel fatter than ever. I have lost 11lbs, but I feel awful. My knees hurt, my back hurts. I am having a bit of a down day. :(

Aww it'll all be worth it in the end. Chin up x :)

i have lost just over a stone and although my clothes r loser and some too big i cant say i really feel any different. i reckon i need to do another stone off before i notice a big difference

mrstaylor said:
You are right. I need to stay positive and keep plonking on. X

That was meant to be plodding not plonking!!
That cheered me up lol :)

Back