Red Days does anyone find u r still hungry on red days?

Lisa123

Silver Member
I just done my first red day plus all my syns and still feel hungry. Does this happen to anyone else. Today I have had salad, sausages, sweetcoen, tomato, cheese, 2 pieces of wholemeal bread, crisps and 2 hi fi bars. Any advice whether this sounds ok would be appreciated. This is the first time I have felt hungry on sw.

I just done my first red day plus all my syns and still feel hungry. Does this happen to anyone else. Today I have had salad, sausages, sweetcoen, tomato, cheese, 2 pieces of wholemeal bread, crisps and 2 hi fi bars. Any advice whether this sounds ok would be appreciated. This is the first time I have felt hungry on sw.

Hi lisa,

I only do red days but i am never hungry.

You should try and eat more meat in this diet, as its unlimited.

Thats the reason why I do RED. I eat alot of grilled chicken with salad or bread.

Try a jacket potato (weighed) with Tuna! That normally fills me up with lots od salad.

Let me know how u get on.

I will give you more ideas for meals!

Hope ths helps x:)

I LOVE my red days and find Im satisfied, but don't get that heavy feeling I do on green days...
I find protein keeps me full for longer...
Im with Naz -I tend to do chicken , turkey etc on the griddle -I find processed things like sausage don't fill me the same ;)

Just a quick check -you did syn the sweetcorn didn't you?
would hate for you to have missed it...

Yeah that's why I do red days less now. I found I was hungry quite a bit (even though meal sizes were the same) and I believe this affected my losses (although there are a lot of others out there who get better losses on red days) :D

I still do the odd red day - just depends what I want to eat :D

Lisa123 said:

Id be hungry if this was all id eaten!! Fill up on your free foods if youre still hungry. Boiled eggs cooked meats fruit and veggies are all good ideas.

Yes you really shouldnt be hungry on a red day. Fill up on lean meat and fish! Poultry is very good too, I had two chicken breasts last night made into diet coke chicken with beansprouts, nom nom! I was so stuffed I couldnt manage any syns!!!!!

CAPRICORN said:
I LOVE my red days and find Im satisfied, but don't get that heavy feeling I do on green days...
I find protein keeps me full for longer...
Im with Naz -I tend to do chicken , turkey etc on the griddle -I find processed things like sausage don't fill me the same ;)

Just a quick check -you did syn the sweetcorn didn't you?
would hate for you to have missed it...

No I didn't syn it. Oh dear. Think I'll keep to ee from now on as I know where I am with them. Think I needed more meat to fill me up. X thanks

Sorry, not related to your question, but are you really 41 foot 11 inches!! :eek:

I just caught it in the corner of my eye and it made me choke on my NAS!! Thank you!! :D

I tend to do red days as green leave me feeling sluggish and bloated, very uncomfortable. I don't find myself hungry at all, but do enjoy big turkey stir fries (without noodles) and big salads, and use my syns for nibbles.

xx

Hello i am new to this forum i plan to do a week of red days and see how i get on i did a green week and gained 2lbs, i have done the ee and found 1 week i would lose and the following week i would gain. I am really struggling to lose weight doing SW so am hoping doing red might help. I am doing it on my own, i did use to go to class but my consultant was not very helpful she promise to look at my food diary and ring me to see if i was doing anything wrong and she never rang that was on 2 occassion so i felt let down and fob off, so have decided to try it this way. I know you may say go to another group but for the hour i work that was the only available one for me. I would like to lose about 2 stones. look forward to chatting with you all.

Potatogirl said:
Now that would play havoc with your BMI!

No, I am 5 ft 3. Lol. Just never got round to changing it.

I think ill be keeping to ee for sure in the future. It was nice having 2 he's though. May try a green day too as I like quorn. X

wirebound said:
Hello i am new to this forum i plan to do a week of red days and see how i get on i did a green week and gained 2lbs, i have done the ee and found 1 week i would lose and the following week i would gain. I am really struggling to lose weight doing SW so am hoping doing red might help. I am doing it on my own, i did use to go to class but my consultant was not very helpful she promise to look at my food diary and ring me to see if i was doing anything wrong and she never rang that was on 2 occassion so i felt let down and fob off, so have decided to try it this way. I know you may say go to another group but for the hour i work that was the only available one for me. I would like to lose about 2 stones. look forward to chatting with you all.

Hi, I'm sure red days r good if u do them properly but I think I went wrong by not having enough meat. Good luck to u. I'm doing sw on my own with no class and find this site is all I need. It may help if u do a food diary on here. Let me know if there is anything u want to know. X

Hi and a big welcome to you! I do mainly red days, perhaps a couple of green per week, then one or two of ee. Find ee hard because I dont like veg, but love fruit so try and bulk it out with that. Sorry to hear your c wasnt much cop! mine is fantastic and I do get so cross when I hear of peoples experiences like yours. Keep on going, you will get there and we are all here to help each other. Good luck and happy slimming

I agree with some of the posts on here i love my red days. i found them hard at first, as i too found i would get hungry, but now i make sure im eating enough, for instance id have my usual cereal in the morning and for lunch and egg either scrambled with milk hea or poached on toast heb and some bacon on the side, then prehaps a fruit salad if im still hungry. And now for dinners ill have chilli or a curry minus the rice, i find personally my losses are bigger on red than green. And completely non existant with ee, i cant eat enough superfree to make that plan work!!
Have you tried to have some cooked chicken in the fridge to have for snacking, i quite often have chicken drum sticks in the fridge?

xx

I have better losses on red too but really struggle to eat new things, I alwyas end up having toast or Alpen lights for breakfast, salad and chickan for lunch and chicken or salmon with baby new pots and veg for dinner - I'm bored!!!!

Back