Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Does anyone go to the gym?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cddietgal, 20 January 2008 Social URL.

1. cddietgal

cddietgal Full Member

Does going to the gym help you loose weight faster?

How about swimming?

I intend for this to be over asap so the faster it can come off the better :):chores016::party0019::party0011:

Thanks Cddietgal x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Frantic cardio workouts won't help you lose weight any faster ... in fact it might even hinder it.

Gentle exercise, however, is OK. :)

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Initially I used my exercise bike 20-50mins 3 or 4 times a week and would swim once a week. I haven't got back into the exercise yet this year but will do once I recover from the virus I have.

5. prettyfromtheback

prettyfromtheback Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Sweating away on a treadmill isn't really my bag (plus I don't think I have the energy anyway when SSing!) I'm going to try and start swimming soon though to help with the toning, should be good as low resistance and I find it quite relaxing.

6. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Nope :whoopass::hide:

7. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I've just joined the gym at work (after being harassed every time I went in lol) - I've got my induction on Tuesday and have today kitted myself out (Primark's finest jogging bottoms & t shirt :D) and dare I say it, I'm actually looking forward to it! Be gone bingo wings, hello washboard stomach...

Corinne x

8. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I go Sat & Sun mornings (sleeping less since starting CD!) for an hour. Cross trainer/bike/treadmill for 40 mins within my fat-burning heart rate, then weights to (hopefully) maintain my muscles and tone. then finish off with 15 mins of stretching. I also use 'The Bean' at home for sit-ups and more stretching.
    X

9. Polos

Polos Member

i join the gym in june, lost 6% body fat gone down 2 sizes but havnt lost weight but i thought i could eat wot i want lol now iam on a diet, i let u know tues if i lost weight :party0019:

10. Dutch

Dutch Goodbye Tum

Diet:
    Exante
    I do a mere 15 mins on my LTT, I do it on 'stiff' so it's toning rather than fat burning, we're only getting 400 odd cals on ss so if you burn too much you'll not be getting what you need I don't think, It's very personal but personally I'm toning then when I build up the plans I will do some cardio to keep me balanced xx

11. NewLife4Me

NewLife4Me Full Member

Yes, I go swimming nearly every evening and do 40 lengths at a gentle pace, feel greet and getting toned too, arms and legs are taking shape! Then I relax in the jacuzzi for 10 mins and do the steam room for 5 mins. I call it a "Me Time" every evening :)

12. Prinzessin

Prinzessin Shoe Queen!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I do bodypump 3 times a week and also have 2 personal training sessions a week. Im finding that as the fat comes off Im seeing subtle muscle definition and it's also meaning im not left with saggy bits!
    On SS I find that I do tire more quickly than before I started CD but drinking plently of water and resting well after the sessions seems to keep me ok.
    Since doing cardio I have found that my resting heart rate has lowered and metabolism has improved , therefore I am burning more calories when I am resting :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.