Does anyone have a low syn cheese sauce recipe?

shrinking-sarah

Hi I'm making a lasagne type dish with meatballs but I need a low syn cheese/white sauce recipe. Anyone want to share????? I was thinking quark, fromage frais, mustard but not sure if it would have a cheesy tatse. (I've used 5 syns so far today)

If you do a search in this forum for 'cheese sauce' there are around 20 recipes listed

Colmans packet cheese sauce is only 8 syns per packet enough for 4 servings. i used this on my lasagne may help its made with water.

I use a tub of quark, some milk, mustard and tobasco sauce all whizzed up for my cheeze sauce for lasagne! If you count the milk as a HE then its all free :)

You only need enough milk to make the texture smoother so you can judge this yourself!

I use the standard SW lasagne sauce which is (for a lasagne for 4):

525g fat free natural yoghurt
2 eggs - lightly beaten
Pinch of nutmeg

This isn't a cheesey sauce but very nice and totally free.
You could add 6 oz of low fat cheddar to this which would be 1 HexA per person.

Alternatively I have made a cheese sauce using:

500g cottage cheese
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp mustard powder

Either push the cottage cheese through a sieve or blitzed for a few seconds to get the lumps out.

Again not hugely cheesey but really nice

I just use the Asda packet mix which is 9.5 syns. You make it with water, where as a lot of the others you have to add milk

Morrisons instant cheese sauce is 5 syns, I read this on another thread so you may want to check it. But 2.5 syns isn't bad for half a packet of cheesy goodness :0)

Come on gals - get cooking, you can do it syn free. Bin those packet mixes which are full of e-numbers and salt!

There is another thread on here about this......
Free & Easy dairy free cheese flavour sauce mix, available from Tesco, Morrison.
Worth a look?

Back