Does anyone have a recipe or know syns in plain pizza base?

redsters baby

I was looking at the barbecue sauce recipe thinking this would be yummy on a pizza base then add chicken, mushrooms, onions. Yummy.

So does anyone have any recipe or idea or syns?

I don't know about actual pizza bases but at my sw meet they say to use smash (the instant potato stuff)

Mix it up as usual and spread onto a tin base sprayed with fry light. Pop into the oven for (I think) about 10 mins then spray the top with fry light and turn to cook the over side until both sides are lightly golden and it forms a crisp base :) then top and finish in the oven usual :)

Syn free!!! Going to give it a go this week myself :)

Oh, of course the smash needs to be spread quite thin :)

Good luck!

X

Thank you both for that

There is one in the comfort foods cook book...I will type it up later...spotted it last night but didn't have time.

Hmm quite syn-full but here goes:

Sardinian style veg pizza

Base:
1 x 145g packet pizza base mix
fry light

Topping:
300g chopped tom's
3tbsp chopped basil
4 sliced garlic cloves
3 tbsp artificial sweetner
salt & pepper
1 courgette thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
1 red onion thinly sliced

1 - prepare pizza dough according to packet instructions. form into a ball and place in a bowl lightly sprayed with fry-light, cover with a clean tea towel and let stand for 10-15mins.

2 - meanwhile place tom's, basil, garlic and sweetner in a saucepan and bring to boil. cover reduce to heat and simmer gently for 25-30 mins. Allow to cool and season well. Preheat oven to 200c and line a baking sheet with non stick parchment.

3 - knead dough and roll out to a large disc (about 12inch) and place on the baking sheet. spread the tom sauce over the base, leaving a border round the edges and arrange the courgette, pepper and onion on top. Season well and bake for 30 mins

Now for the bad part....it serves 6 and is 4 1/2 syns per serving on red and green days :eek:...it looks bloody lovely in the book though :sigh:

Let me know if anyone tries it as if it tastes like it looks it would be well worth the syns!!!!

Thanks Becky for that

I use the Tesco packet mix pizza base. 20syns for whole pack. designed for 2 but i divide into 4 making each base 5 syns. is a small pizza, but pizza none the less. i make my own syn free tomato sauce and then add free toppings of your choice and HEA of 28g full fat cheese so it melts properly. serve with lots of syn free wedges and salad

I have also made a potato rosti base and added the above toppings, not quite the same but still yummy.

What didn't work was a mashed potato base, or a polenta base. they looked good, but just went gooey in the middle and very squishy, tasted ok, but NOT pizza.

Honey thanks for that, I actually have a box in my press so might have it over the weekend as a treat.

Its my sw xmas party on wednesday and we are all bringing something in. think i might make this pizza....

Could you use the wholemeal pitta from Asda or Co op as a HEB? as a base?

Can't see any reason why you can't use Co-op or Asda pitta bread as a base. Pre SW I often used to use french bread.

Denise

I've only recently started slimmingworld again, but I always use pitta breads to make homemade pizzas, and they come out lovely.

I was looking at the barbecue sauce recipe thinking this would be yummy on a pizza base then add chicken, mushrooms, onions. Yummy.

So does anyone have any recipe or idea or syns?

BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

Back