Does anyone have an actifry?

I wondered if anyone had an actifry and if so, if they thought it was worth the money.

I believe that you can cook a load of chips with only 1 tablespoon of oil.

My reasoning is that i could use hexb for one tablespoon of olive oil and have real chips rather than the sin free ones.

Any feedback good or bad would be great.

Thanks in advance.

She makes roasties in it too!

oh no chips..........LOL
I was gonna get one ,till i heard that it mixes with a big paddle, could get messy !!!LOL
I'll wait till someone else gets one ,cos they're not cheap......as chips !!

They were on watchdog because quite a few of them had burst into flames :(

They were on watchdog because quite a few of them had burst into flames :(

oh great !!blimey thats not good then....
all for the luv of chips !!

yh i see that on watchdog... looks cool tho :)

lots haha.. was just talking to Susie about one... they have loads on ebay but expect to pay over 100 for one!

Oh wow didn't know that they burst into flames... I would really get told of for burning the chips then !!

But SW chips are so nice once you get the hang of them... I sometimes splurge to a spoonful of olive oil to make roast veg, but I'm quite happy with SW style chips, with a light sprinkling of herbs or something.

I don't have any more room in my kitchen for another gadget!

I wouldn't be without mine. I use it for everything and I use it every day normally. If I'm doing stuff for me I use frylight but I do use olive oil if I'm doing roast tatties. I also do mediteranean veg in it. It also does quorn sausage nice. In fact I do a recipe where I dice raw potatoes with their skin on chuck it in with some onion and frylight. When potatoes are cooked I add mushrooms tomatoes and sliced quorn sausages finish cooking then serve. Its yummy for sw and non sw people.
Sue

Hiya, the missus has had one of these for over a year now and i agree, we wouldnt be without one either its the best thing weve bought for the kitchen in a long time, nice healthy chips piled up and actually do taste like proper chips.
As for cleaning, i dont find this a problem the missus does it lol only joking ladies, i have cleaned it on the odd occasions and after a short soak its pretty straightforward.
I think the nak with this gem is not to overload it, keep to within its limits and dont go filling up the basket with chips, i reckon its just about the right size for 3 people. I think the ones that are catching fire are ones being overworked and burning out, a bit like us really?

If I'm doing stuff for me I use frylight but I do use olive oil if I'm doing roast tatties.

how do you use the fry light, just spray it all over and it works the same? do you not need a lot?

A green plastic spoon comes with the fryer, you simply fill it with oil and spread over whatever your cooking, set the timer and get on with whatever your doing, its great.

just google actifry and take a look

Hiya, the missus has had one of these for over a year now and i agree, we wouldnt be without one either its the best thing weve bought for the kitchen in a long time, nice healthy chips piled up and actually do taste like proper chips.
As for cleaning, i dont find this a problem the missus does it lol only joking ladies, i have cleaned it on the odd occasions and after a short soak its pretty straightforward.
I think the nak with this gem is not to overload it, keep to within its limits and dont go filling up the basket with chips, i reckon its just about the right size for 3 people. I think the ones that are catching fire are ones being overworked and burning out, a bit like us really?

Haha sorry don't mean to laugh as anything catching fire isn't funny at all... but I do like your humour :8855:

But SW chips are so nice once you get the hang of them... I sometimes splurge to a spoonful of olive oil to make roast veg, but I'm quite happy with SW style chips, with a light sprinkling of herbs or something.

I don't have any more room in my kitchen for another gadget!

You know i still haven't tried the sw chips...still hooked on wedges... guess I should look up the recipe and try them.

Oooh...I'm so tempted by this but is it another gadget that I won't use and just shove to the side??? (am already thinking about a mixture of parsnip, potato and sweet potato 'chips'!).....

Do they turn out better (ie crispier) than doing them SW style in the oven?

Back