Does anyone have an actifry?

so are the chips free then ?? if you use a healthy extra oil or does the magic food science thingy come into play and change what they are like it does with the crisps

i might get one then, they sound like fun i was gonna get a steamer but you cant make chips in a steamer hahaha

Hi,

Just joined the forum, got me some slimming world literature coming from ebay and my friend gave me an old food optimising book.

I've had a tefal actifry for a year now, was diagnosed with gallstones the June before last and this gave me a bit of my old life back. Chips!

A full load of chips = a full spoonful, if you only make enough for yourself you reduce the oil accordingly, I'm going to do some today and use just a teaspoon of oil, the measure is under a tablespoon for a full load.
I expect the chips to be just as nice with a reduction of oil, ironically I came here to ask syn values but this thread has answered more than enough and I even did some measuring myself.

Not sure how much they are going on ebay for but Ideal World is where i first saw them, they are constantly selling them and recently have introduced a interest free installment payment option which is great, I did get mine from the catalogue, a bit expensive but for me at the time was well worth it.

Oh and no sign of blowing up ..... yet >> :)

I use mine for syn free chips or use oil for my hexb. Roasties are lovely in it too.I just make sure I'm never far from it after the fire thingy.

I really want one of these they look great!

My Oh's parents have one sitting on their shelf in their kitchen they have loads of gadgets and I bet they never use them they are the sort of people that buy things and never get round to using them more than once!

Every so often I hint that my OH should ask if we can "borrow" it, as its very likely they would just offer us it, instant saving of £120!!

X

lol Good luck with that rockchic, this is one "gadget" that gets used on a weekly basis I only complain that there's no instant shut off when the quiet timer goes off. Everyone complains about that though.

louisedan, can you explain to me what hexb is please?

I took mine back because i had much higher expectations.. occasionally i wish i still had it just because i detest par-boiling, BUT.. for the price i wasnt impressed. When i have that sort of money knocking around, i will re-buy for convienance, but i can do just as good for the sake of an extra half hour preperation x

Apart from the cost this looks really appealing to me, might need to ask for one for my birthday lol

There are a few of these knocking about on eBay which are brand new and nowhere near the £120 you'd pay buying new! Check it out! :)

First chance on getting on, 2 med potatoes, 1 tsp of olive oil, absolutely beautiful chips i have to say, the best i've made so far, I should have done this ages ago and reduced the oil...

I've had mine about 18 mths, still using it regularly for loads of different things, have noticed the price has shot up recently though!!! I only paid about 90 for mine. Must have been really lucky to get it at the right time.

Back