Does anyone have an itchy hive rash ?

cozza

I have been on LL for 3 weeks andover the last few days I have been coming uo in an itchy red hive rash, like a stinging nettle rash. Its burning and very itchy, has anyone else had this on LL ?:confused:

I had slight hives for the first few days then I've had a dry skin rash on the back of my knees and a little on my face after I went swimming. I suspect in my case that it is a slight reaction to having more milk proteins or lactose than usual because I am a bit sensitive!
.. I used some cream and took some benadryl antihistamine tablets and it cleared up. I always take antihistamines if I have hives

Erm I don't want to be the one to always harp on about this, but it might be worth checking out aspartame poisoning on google, one of the symptoms is getting really itchy skin... I'm not saying it IS that, I'm just saying check it out as it MIGHT be. Aspartame is in the shakes. Do you have a lot of them?

Just been to doctors, she said it is an allergic reaction to something in the packs, maybe an additive, I have been having rasberry alot so I may change my packs. Her answer was to stop but I am only on week 4 and I cant stop now ! Lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks, feel great just hideous itchy red skin ! Will look up aspartame poisoning on google, thanks for letting me know.

It could always just be a reaction by your body resulting from it suddenly getting so much nutrition and not knowing how to deal with it!

Nope not had that rash you mention but I would get it checked out, you will get a cream or shampoo to deal with the problem, nothing too major and it may just be a coincidence.

thanks everyone, still got horrible rash, its worse than ever now. Changed my food shakes but still no improvement. I would rather be red, itchy and covered in a rash than huge so I am going to continue with the diet. I will see how it goes............I have lost 20lbs in 4 weeks !!!

Funny, I have a rash over my upper chest and odd spots on my tummy, arms and back. Being a hypochondriac I decided it was bubonic plague or something...
(PB I don't think you're harping on LOL but you know I'm on soups only.)

My mum has been coming up with a rash on her feet and legs. We have been been doing LL for just short of 3 weeks and it seems thast she has only had this since she started on the bars. She only has it for not even a day then it fades away.

Once she stops eating the bars she is fine. Not sure what it is in them but it is the only thing it can be.

Hope you find out what it is x x

Back