Does anyone have days....

RubyRed80

.... where no amount of food satisfies the desire to eat? I'm having a day like that today :(

I've had a good breakfast, fruit, a packed out salad with yoghurt, both my Hexa and Hexb plus 9 syns and I STILL want to devour the jaffa cakes and digestives in the cupboard.

I really want a loss this week, but I had a bad day on Thursday and now this :(

It's only 2pm :(

I'm having day like that too!!

I went to fridge and pulled out a large pack of stir fry veg and made it with noodles and chilli. It was delic and all free! Needed something just to fill me up so I resist all the Easter treats!!

The problem for me though is that i'm not even hungry :( I just want food....

I get like that when I'm craving sugar, it won't stop until I get some so I've found a tablespoon of golden syrup does the trick for 2 syns.

I've had a few days like that since starting but I just tell myself, if I hold off I can have a treat when I'm ACTUALLY hungry. It's worked so far, I'm sure there will be a point when I cave but at the minute I just make promises to myself for a later date, it keeps me positive for the time being and then I never usually fulfil it, not intentionally but when I am actually hungry for a snack I have a low syn one simply because I don't want to risk putting the weight back on again. You've been doing really well so far, keep going :)

I have these days alot! They ruin all my good work! I make sure now that i dnt keep lots of treats in the house! If i have it in n i want it il eat it! bit drastic but works!

Think we all have days like this at times. I really struggle and try and look on here or other sites to think of things I can try to satisfy my cravings. Last time I discovered SYN free chicken pate.

If I'm having a day like this, I try to do something that takes my mind off food completely. Recently I've been exercising regularly with Zumba 2 on the Wii, and it's really toned me up (I didn't really do much exercise to hit target) plus after a sweaty 45-60 mins workout all I want to do is crash out! It also makes me feel that pigging out would undo all the hard work and effort I've put into my workout. I also do cross stitch which keeps me busy and I soon forget about cravings.

Thank you all for the replies.

I somehow made it through the day on only 9 syns, but I had to make some pasta with veggies and tomato puree to kill the urge to eat and keep me satisfied. I'm having a better day today, so hopefully it was just an off day.

I couldn't even do my 30 Day Shred DVD yesterday due to pulling a muscle in my calf the day before!

Thank you all for the replies.

I somehow made it through the day on only 9 syns, but I had to make some pasta with veggies and tomato puree to kill the urge to eat and keep me satisfied. I'm having a better day today, so hopefully it was just an off day.

I couldn't even do my 30 Day Shred DVD yesterday due to pulling a muscle in my calf the day before!
Well done! Bet you feel really proud of yourself for not going off plan, you should do! Try and remember that feeling for if you have another day like that. How's the calf muscle now? I'm still recovering after doing my 30 day shred exercise earlier, find I need recovery time after this level!

It's awful when that happens. We have literally nothing in the fridge. Need to go shopping desperately but havent got much money to last us til 19th! I've been living out the freezer (homecooked SW recipes) and tried to be good.

Have had a bad couple of weeks so I weighed myself just now (been for 6 mile run so was hopeful) and I'm still the bloody same as I was last tues nite. So rather than have a delayed lunch I'm gonna just wait for my tea :-( I hate being skint!!!!

Yep I definitely get days like these. I could honestly eat non-stop and some days it hasn't been far off that.

So far I've managed to avoid going off plan - but I do end up eating loads and loads of food on plan ... and it doesn't quite satisfy the 'hunger' or whatever it is that drives me/us to want to eat, in the way that two big slices of toast and peanut butter, or a cheese and pickle sandwich or something like that would. Yesterday I had just such a day, I had my dinner and then afterwards was eating grapes, an orange, yoghurts - on and on all evening. Then I ended up staying up really late with my daughter watching a series of programmes we had saved on TV, and just had to watch until the end ... even though we were both knackered. I was also absolutely starving still and I mean starving, and my daughter's saying - well have some weetabix (couldn't, I'd had my hexs for the day) have this, have that ('I can't') ... and I ended up eating a huge bowl of raspberries and fat free yoghurt which thankfully did the trick in terms of squashing the hunger, but still kind of weird eating raspberries and yoghurt at 2.30am.

However, I do find these are 'odd' days. Next day I am ok and won't have the same urges.

I must say, I have noticed too that stress is a real factor - something I have long suspected. I work from home, and although I'm only on a computer and using up little in the way of physical energy ... last week I had a really stressful agitated day with various things happening or not going to plan workwise ... and all I wanted to do was eat. I had to keep stopping myself from going down and getting something (as I used to do) or when I did ... just going and getting a fat free yoghurt, or some of the couscous I'd made up in the fridge, or an apple or anything 'on plan' .. but the desire was there to eat all day.

When everything's going well, I'm in control ... I can have my breakfast then not think about food again until lunchtime and so on throughout the day, without any problems.

It is very hard isn't it? But hopefully worth it in the end.

I am a recovering binge eater, so I get days like this all the time, so I included a chocolate/sweet treat in to my day, within my syns. I save it for after dinner and it always makes me feel great that I can have that treat, and not go over my syns. See you had 6 syns left you could have had a little bit of chocolate for that, like a 2 bar kit hat or a dairy milk 'little bar', or a milkybar small bar, snack size milky way or snack size maltesers, microwaved pink and white. Your giving in to your sugar craving, but in control of it.

I always thought that I would have to go cold turkey in order to stick to my diet but actually I found the opposite to be true. Going cold turkey caused me to lose the plot on too many occasions, to a point where I gained and lost the same 2 ibis for 8 weeks and then eventually gave up all together. This time I am getting help with my problem, and part of the treatment says to allow myself to have those treats, to never treat them as forbidden, and so I include them. I usually use 5 syns for ingredients in my main meals and then have a synned pack of low cal crisps and a sweet treat. I have had this every day since I restarted my diet and have lost 32Ib's since the 17th Jan.

The other thing I did was change my carbs to brown...rice, pasta, don't eat white potatoes unless they have skins and changed over to BNS and sweet potatoes which have a higher fibre content, and keep you feeling more satisfied and fuller for longer.

Just remember perfection is an unrealistic goal, and if you expect that, you will always set yourself up for failure. Its the effort thats the key, the trying. If you do slip up, by having an extra something, you need to learn to move on from that and not have a give up attitude. Its so easy to say...oh I had an extra biscuit today so I might as well just blow the whole day... you just need to stop that thinking from happening. Cos you can have that extra biscuit, but you don't need to compound it by having more. Its about changing your thinking.

xx

Yesterday I was eating a lot and I shouldn't have been hungry because I had more than enough food, but I just wanted more and more! I used 10 syns too, and usually its between 3 and 7. I was a bit upset with myself last night but today is a new day so i'm just going to forget about it. I didn't eat loads of bad food, just massive portions at every meal!

I had a day like this yesterday but just managed to survive. Luckily the cravings hit at nighttime.

Why not have 15 syns on days like this instead of torturing yourself?

I think it's definately about changing my thinking.

When I did SW last year, it didn't work properly because I had this stupid thinking that the less syns I used, the more weight I'd lose. Of course it didn't work and ended up binging on bread and cheese as I was craving it and not allowing myself to syn it.

I thought I had tackled that way of thinking this time, but it's starting to rear it's head again. I want to succeed this time. I need it too. My health depends on it :(

Back