Does anyone know..

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by SW-Bunny, 6 May 2014.

1. SW-Bunny

SW-Bunny Member

If Sainsbury's FreeFrom Oats can be used as a HEB? a normal 35g portion?
    I've just started but cant find whether i can use these as a healthy extra on sw website
  2. You need to check the label. If it says it is just oats, then you can use the same measure as any other oats as a HEB.
    I looked at their website and it says there that it is just oats, but you are always best to read the ingredients list.
  3. mummyamy10

mummyamy10 Active Member

i think its fine if they're just plain rolled oats with nothing added. if they're instant or flavoured etc then no I'd imagine not. x
  4. slimLolly

slimLolly Well-Known Member

If you're gluten intolerant, you can use 35g of any gluten-free cereal as a HEB. Even if you're not, they are still fine to use as freefrom oats are just standard porridge oats produced/processed separately from gluten grains to avoid cross-contamination.
  5. Caroline89

Caroline89 Well-Known Member

Hi there, I have to have a gluten free diet too, I use half millet flakes (good for iron and
    Cheaper that gf porridge) and half gluten free porridge to make 35g, sometimes I use 5g of oat bran to make the 35g..

Also I use gluten free pasta, rice and quinoa as free carbs as such. I made a gluten free bread out of porridge oats too which I've been counting as a HE, let me know if you'd like the recipe.. It's YUM! It's a ww recipe but works on sw!