Does anyone out there sneakily get weighed every day

We need to start a weighing anonymous!!!

my name is Helen - and I am a weigh - a - holic!

most days, after a wee, and just before I head out to class.

my class wi is the one I go by though.

I weigh myself every day on my own scales and sometimes night times too, it helps me keep focused, I love seeing lower numbers.

I roll out of bed, fall onto the loo then hop on the scales every single morning. Its as much a part of my routine as cleaning my teeth (which maybe I should do before I weigh cos then I may weigh that bit lighter LOL!). I have to know how much I've lost or gained before I go to group cos I have a fear of breaking down in tears if I had an unexpected disappointment!!

Me to , every morning , really wish i cud break the habit but think the day would be hell if i didnt lol x

My OH did this - twice a day morning and night she would weigh herself. So I hid the scales in the cellar :D

My OH did this - twice a day morning and night she would weigh herself. So I hid the scales in the cellar :D

I'd lock my OH in the cellar if he tampered with my scales!!!!! LOL

my officialweigh in is every tiesday but i sneak off to boots every friday afternoon to get weighed too, glad i did this week as id lost 2 since tuesday so was very happy :) make me stick at it more as i though had been a bad week but obv not :)
p.s went bowling and think the exercise helped, didnt even feel like exercise :)

With regards to "having a wee in the morning the getting weighed", surely the majority of you WI with SW in the evenings which would surely be a fluctuation? Weighing in the mornings when your body has fasted for approx 8 hours, the having a wee, you're going to be slightly lighter than after a days worth of food then WI? Doing this wouldn't really give you your true weight if you all do take your SW WI's as gospel?

With regards to "having a wee in the morning the getting weighed", surely the majority of you WI with SW in the evenings which would surely be a fluctuation? Weighing in the mornings when your body has fasted for approx 8 hours, the having a wee, you're going to be slightly lighter than after a days worth of food then WI? Doing this wouldn't really give you your true weight if you all do take your SW WI's as gospel?
Hi victoria. Well it doesnt apply to me really because im am doing SW from home so i get weighed at home on the same scales using the www. approach. wake up - wee- weigh (thanks silvermaneuk for the terminology). I also do this naked (too much info i know) but this is what i would call my true weight. I normally go to weight watchers every year for a few months (im a gold member) but this year i fancied a change to get the usual stone off :). When i used to attend group i attended the weigh and go group, so first thing in a morning, wearing the same clothes after only having one cup of coffee. (im beginning to realise i have big obsessive traits :D) You are absolutely right about fluctuations in weight with getting weighed later in the day, sometimes we eat more dense foods, wear heavier clothes and drink more so the weight can change greatly within each day. So with this in mind i used my home weigh as gospel but went to the group for the pressure of getting weighed and keeping me on track. I know im different to a lot of people i suppose but its worked for me so far. Im loving SW and doing it from home with support from people on this forum and you never know, maybe i wont have the usual stone to lose come January next year.

Thank you everyone for your posts, they have been really interesting and some have been sooo funny. what a great bunch you all are :) x x x

I only weigh once a week at home. I also like the suspense (don't know if like's the right word as I feel very apprehensive before I step on!) But I think it's different for everyone, if I weighed everyday it wouldn't benefit me mentally but I can see how it would some. I must admit I like weighing at home, which I also do after a wee and I can do it nekkid! When I was going to class years ago I became obsessed with wearing the same pair of ron hill tracksters and a light T-shirt, never weighed in anything else and it took me months to get to target the class must have thought I didn't own any other clothes lol.
The wee thing brings back a funny memory, a woman who attended class after weighing in only had 0.5lb to get to target, the consultant said to her 'are you sure you don't need a wee'! She said no but I'll try! If memory serves me right it didn't help but it was funny her trying to squeeze out a wee to get to target :D

The only downfall i find about weighing more than once a week, is sometimes my true weigh in is more than the scales have showed during the week which really frustrates me sometimes!! But when i do see i have lost it really keeps me motivated and sticking to the plan.

It really is a catch 22 situation!

Im on scales everytime i go to the bathroom and its getting so stupid its taking over my life, today im 5lbs heavier but thats even after going toilet after my brekkie to so when i see that i get down, but im trying not to weigh myself and i need to break the habit its getting so daft now, good thread btw xxx

Im on scales everytime i go to the bathroom and its getting so stupid its taking over my life, today im 5lbs heavier but thats even after going toilet after my brekkie to so when i see that i get down, but im trying not to weigh myself and i need to break the habit its getting so daft now, good thread btw xxx

Throw your scales out :D

Throw your scales out :D

You know what i was thinking that tbh as i just been upstairs again and that 5lbs ive lost 4 of it just now grrrr so maybe you right :wave_cry::wave_cry: to my beloved horrid scales lol

You know what i was thinking that tbh as i just been upstairs again and that 5lbs ive lost 4 of it just now grrrr so maybe you right :wave_cry::wave_cry: to my beloved horrid scales lol

I reckon you would drive yourself mad and start thinking about everything way too much! When I did hide my OHs scales in the cellar - I did have a sneaky weigh myself - said I had put on 6lbs, but in reality I had lost 4lbs that week! Waste of time!

I have been trying to leave weighing until Saturdays only, but it wont alter my weight if I weigh every day though, so sometimes, I do..but whatever I do..whether jumping on them, or creeping up when they're not looking, the damned scale pointer ( old scales !!) always stay the same!! and have done, now for years.. its not fair.

also, did you know ?... a pint of water weighs a pound ?

walkonby, yes i do know that now, thanks . ive just weighed a mug of water and that was half a pound (without the cup) ;) how obsessive are we, weighing fluid. :D x x

walkonby, yes i do know that now, thanks . ive just weighed a mug of water and that was half a pound (without the cup) ;) how obsessive are we, weighing fluid. :D x x

I pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter :D

Back