Does anyone take their shakes to work in a flask

Miss M

I will do this!!!
Hi all just a quick question.

I really hate the tetra packs and was wondering whether anyone made up their packs in the morning before work and took them in a flask. I do not have any facilities to make the shakes up at work and i can't go through the whole work day without having one. I know the packs say i should drink within 15mins of making the shake but my cdc said i can take it in a flask or mix a mousse in the morning and take them to work

does anyone else do this

thanks

Hiya Miss M

Sorry but you shouldn't take it to work in a flash ready made as the vitamins will deteriate.

What about taking the hot water in the flask and then mix in a cup ?

Mike

doesnt it go all lumpy?

I've taken a cheap hand blender to work and stored it in the kitchen, then just pop up when I am making a shake... we are allowed to go and make coffee and this doesn't take that much longer..

Love

Hi

You can get a plastic shaker (from Lakeland or shops which sell body building protein shakes) which is quite good for mixing cold shakes - Warning though, hot shakes explode all over the place - I usually shake mine up cold and then warm in the microwaver for a minute or so!

H x

I tried a bottle and it is lumpy and doesn't mix well. The plastic containers have a whisk in them I think so it helps the shakes to mix... the other thing to do is the soups, mix with a little water to make them into a smooth paste then add hot water and stir vigorously... works for me...

Hope you work it out...

Love

no we are not allowed to have appliances like those at work.
i wouldn't mind trying to make the shake at work we have a kettle but i have tried it before and it was just really lumpy. How can i make the shake without it being lumpy, minus a blender and whisk

thanks

Have to confess that I've been on CDss for 8weeks & only remembered that I had an electric hand blender in the cupboard.I've found that you get pretty good results from either
1.mix the shake or part of shake with a little bit of tap water & a fork,then when it's pretty well mixed add the rest of the water.I tend to do mine v dilute so i can get the food & some extra water on board at once.
2. Use a 1litre sports bottle.mine has a wide drinking spout.Never put the shake in first as you'll end up with bits stuck to the bottom of the flask.Then either pre mix with a fork or just seal it tight & shake vigorously.This is how I do it if I'm out & about or off to the gym & have access to cold water only.
I have to admit that the shakes sometimes have a few residual lumps but you can either seive them through your teeth or think of them as little bites of extra flavour.
I like icemooses suggestion of taking the hot water in a themos & making up mugs of shake as & when you want it, & they don't come much wiser than old Icey.

I can see the attraction of making it up in advance & I imagine just once may not matter. But as you are totally dependant on the shakes for your nutrician including vitamins & micro nutrients you can see how potentially harmful letting them go off could be.
hope this has helped a bit.

I find the soups mix quite well in a mug with hot water and a soup to mix..... I usually add enough hot water and mix to a paste and then top up and stir bit by bit.........

Hope this helps.....

I used to take one of those tiny little Aerolate things to work, you know the ones that you use to make your coffee frothy? They are mini and would fit in your bag, and they do whisk quite well.

Hi

You can get a plastic shaker (from Lakeland or shops which sell body building protein shakes) which is quite good for mixing cold shakes - Warning though, hot shakes explode all over the place - I usually shake mine up cold and then warm in the microwaver for a minute or so!

H x

I tried a bottle and it is lumpy and doesn't mix well. The plastic containers have a whisk in them I think so it helps the shakes to mix... the other thing to do is the soups, mix with a little water to make them into a smooth paste then add hot water and stir vigorously... works for me...

Hope you work it out...

Love
Sorry I didn't see these when i replied & have sort of duplicated.If you use the body-building shake flasks they do have a sort of seive at the top which breaks up the lumps but i lost mine ages ago & It still does ok. As for doing it with hot waster all you have to do is give a tiny shake & then open the spout to let off the xs pressure.Do this several times until the air is at the same temp as the liquid & no further pressure builds up.(quicker & easier to do than to write) then you can shake to your hearts content.

Back