Does anyone use a actifry to do the syn free chips?

tinamoo

Hi All,

This is my first week & I am finding it tough. I decided the other day to make some syn free chips. I sprayed them with fry light and put them in the actifry for 30 mins. They came out a little pale but I ate them no problem but thought that they were a little bland. My girls did not eat them at all, my eldest complained that they were tasteless. In the end I bought some WW chips, although I have yet to work out the syn value for them. I was wondering if they came out this way because I tried them in the actifry?

I use my acti fry a lot... I find the chips can be a bit hit and miss... I find the best way is to wash them until the water runs cleans then dry them of in a tea towel and leave for a while wrapped up in the tea towel I do use a drop of oil... The rustica chips come out good and as far as I remember only 12 syn for the whole bag x

tinamoo said:
Hi All,

This is my first week & I am finding it tough. I decided the other day to make some syn free chips. I sprayed them with fry light and put them in the actifry for 30 mins. They came out a little pale but I ate them no problem but thought that they were a little bland. My girls did not eat them at all, my eldest complained that they were tasteless. In the end I bought some WW chips, although I have yet to work out the syn value for them. I was wondering if they came out this way because I tried them in the actifry?

I use Maris Pipers in my Actifry, I think they make the nicest chips! You must rinse the potatoes until the water runs clear then thoroughly dry them or you wot get great chips!

I spray quite a bit of frylight on them, sometimes I add some curry powder or some garlic, peppers and onions to give them a wee kick, half way trough cooking I spray some more frylight

Schwartz do a lovely Italian seasoning, I add this to them, makes gorgeous chips!

vanilla_cupcake said:
I use Maris Pipers in my Actifry, I think they make the nicest chips! You must rinse the potatoes until the water runs clear then thoroughly dry them or you wot get great chips!

I spray quite a bit of frylight on them, sometimes I add some curry powder or some garlic, peppers and onions to give them a wee kick, half way trough cooking I spray some more frylight

Schwartz do a lovely Italian seasoning, I add this to them, makes gorgeous chips!

Will be buying some if that spice. Thanks for the tip x

I did the same - used Maris piper and washed them just the same. Put smoked paprika and garlic and other spices on them but only ever used Frylight once and didn't think much to them so always spent 2 syns on Olive Oil.

All in the past tense - the damn thing blew up tonight - funny crackling noise and smoke started coming out of the back before I could turn it off.:cry: (out of guarantee)

I am hoping to get one of these, im looking to see what people think as they can be expensive :)

Been very pleased with mine and recommended to friends but after trawling the internet since ours blew up earlier have found a large number of people complaining about the same problem - usually when the guarantee has just run out and Tefal are not interested.
As good as it was will not be buying another - over £100 for about 13 months use - probably no more than twice a week - expensive chips.:eek:

Back