Does Anyone?

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
Does anyone start the week with all their syns and then count down throughout the week? I'm thinking i might try it next week and see how it goes?

I've heard people doing that - as long as you stick to it, it shouldn't be a problem

A friend of mine puts a weeks worth of synned treats in a box and has them when she pleases - she's successful when she does that

Btw I love your user name :D

x

I do it every week. I have an excell spreadsheet & mark how many syns I've had each day, I also make a note of the syn value of those I have a lot of.

The reason I count down my syns is MiL comes round on a Saturday night with wine & chocs & last night I had 40.5 syns:D sometimes its more just depends what choc we have.

I do, as i tend to have a drink or two on a weekend, and the rest of the week iam good..... lol

that has reminded me of how i used to do it years ago and i lost every week:D but i havnt been doing it this way this time round but i think ill start doing it again from tuesday when i next weigh in:)

I count mine daily but also have a running weekly total. That way if I go over on one day it comes off the weekly total and I have less to play with on the remaining days. Works ok for me.

oooo I like the idea of keeping all the weekly syns in a box! but I suppose that way if you wanted to syn meat or oil etc, may prove a little difficult!

I may try next week with the weekly syn thing!

I've done that this week, i don't usually though. I went to the cinema last night, followed by a drink at the pub, which was wine, followed by baileys at my friends house and half a bag of minstrels at the cinema! Oops! So i've taken off about 50 syns for last night and worked out what's left. I'm going to have about 5 syns a day for the rest of the week. It's probably unlikely that i've lost much on thursday after last night, but hey i enjoyed myself and I'm controlling my syns for the rest of the week xxx

Think i might do that after next weigh in, do you count 70 (10 a day) or 105 (15 a day) think i'm going to do 105 as i have over 10 stone to lose then i can lower them when my weight slows.

I count 105 syns for the week hun. I had nearly 9 stone to lose when I started, so I thought that if I used 15 a day that would give me scope for cutting something down when the weight loss starts to slow at some point nearer target :) xx

I do a bit of both really. I count what I use each day and any leftover syns go towards the rest of the week. So if I do go a bit over one day it doesn't really matter. I usually end up with quite a few left for the weekend so I can have a couple of drinks and a normal size bar of choc :)

It's a good idea, and for some people it helps them focus on how many syns they're having when as well.

The only thing is that it won't guarantee a weight loss according to slimming world - for that, you have to have between 5-15 a day, every day, not 70 on one day, and 5 for the other 6 days! However, as you'll see from lots of people on here, it works well, but there are a few people who it just doesn't work for!

Fingers crossed your body likes it!

I've heard people doing that - as long as you stick to it, it shouldn't be a problem

A friend of mine puts a weeks worth of synned treats in a box and has them when she pleases - she's successful when she does that

That is an excellent idea, then you know you're done when the box is empty. Might have to try that one of these weeks!

I tried to do weekly syns but I ended up having 20 syns each day for the week then realised I had 5 syns to last me the last 3 days! Not good at all! :(

Back