Does Anyone....?

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
Hiya I'm having between 1000 & 1200 cals a day, exercising 3 times a week, I'm sticking to this and I'm gaining weight :( does anyone know when this will start to level off so I can maintain? I've been keeping a food diary to make sure I'm not letting the cals creep up.

I'm terrified of regaining all the weight I've lost and really need to start having a normal life again away from CD, so going back down to a lower plan is not an option... Help I'm feeling a bit scared and out of control.

Last edited:
Are you following recommended plan for 1000 calories?

A lot of people gain on 1000 as it is their glycogen stores reloading. As you're introducing more carbohydrates it causes water retention. It won't be fat gain, it will simply be water gain. 1000 calories is still low enough to lose weight so perservere, the gain will drop off.

sbridge7 said:
Are you following recommended plan for 1000 calories?

A lot of people gain on 1000 as it is their glycogen stores reloading. As you're introducing more carbohydrates it causes water retention. It won't be fat gain, it will simply be water gain. 1000 calories is still low enough to lose weight so perservere, the gain will drop off.

I expected to have a bit of a gain but in just over a week I've gained about 10lbs surely that's not normal? I feel physically sick at the thought that by the end of next week I could've gained a stone!

I wish I could believe it's just water gain but my thighs face arms and stomach are all visibly bigger. Short of going back down to SS or 810 what can I do? If it continues like this I'll be back where I started by Christmas.

I've worked so hard and I feel like it was all for nothing!!!

Last edited:
I know people gain around 4-5lbs but it does tend to drop off. Are you working up the plans properly? If you don't follow them properly, it can lead to excess water gain. If you are following them to the letter, then I see no reason why the weight won't drop off. It is impossible to gain fat on 1000-1200 calories as it's 600-800 less than the calories needed to maintain.

I felt my stomach get bloated when I introduced carbs but it soon wore off. If you are following the plans precisely, don't worry - it is scary but I can assure you it most of it should come off.

sbridge7 said:
I know people gain around 4-5lbs but it does tend to drop off. Are you working up the plans properly? If you don't follow them properly, it can lead to excess water gain. If you are following them to the letter, then I see no reason why the weight won't drop off. It is impossible to gain fat on 1000-1200 calories as it's 600-800 less than the calories needed to maintain.

I felt my stomach get bloated when I introduced carbs but it soon wore off. If you are following the plans precisely, don't worry - it is scary but I can assure you it most of it should come off.

Thanks I did have a bit of a deviation at the beginning of 1000 but I'm trying to stick to it better now. My stomach does feel huge with the carbs and I keep getting stomach cramps on an evening, but I used to get tummy cramps from carbs before.

I'm sticking with it for another couple of weeks then I go to Vegas and I'll reassess what I'm going to do when I get back.

Back