Does being ill affect your losses?

Jael

I'm normally a real pig and eat all my syns and healthy extras plus tonnes of free food. This seems to give me great losses. However yesterday and today I've got this horrible head cold. I just can't be bothered to move myself outside, so I'm not exercising. I forced myself to eat breakfast- at 1pm!- but I just don't feel like eating.

Yes yes, I know I should just think about getting better and not worry about weight, but I can't help it. I keep thinking I won't lose this week due to not eating enough. Or else I'll lose loads due to my tiny amount of food, screw with my metabolism and end up gaining/struggling to lose in following weeks.

Gah! I really am thinking waaaay to much about this:brainfart:

It depends whats wrong with me, if its just cold kinda of ill I tend to eat less and will lose but not as much as a normal good week. I find that I need alot of water and retain it while im ill so i put alot of it down to this.

If its a tummy bug type illness I tend to just want junk which tastes nice and goes down easier and over these weeks maintain. But suppose this is different for everyone! Do try and get better first, and ill be watching to see how ya get on xx

i will let you know, had the flu for over a week now, and not eaten much, i dont feel like ive lost this week, feeling better today and wi is tuesday so trying really hard x

I had wisdom teeth out and barely ate anything all week and got a tiny loss of 0.5lbs, is weird how your body goes into "starvation mode", just have a bit of toast with sliced banana and honey etc when you feel like it, on plan and tastes yum x

I had flu before Christmas. For the first couple of days I found that I was forcing myself to eat some breakfast and then hubby would cook me some dinner which I managed a little of. Then had a day of not eating at all then 2 days where I didn't eat until tea time and then ordered takeaway (hubby was also ill and neither of us were up to cooking) but didn't eat much of it. I lost 2lb at the end of the week but not sure it was a real loss if you know what I mean? It was then Christmas week and I put on 2lb but not sure if that was just due to eating again as I was relatively good.

i will let you know, had the flu for over a week now, and not eaten much, i dont feel like ive lost this week, feeling better today and wi is tuesday so trying really hard x

Oh you poor thing. Flu is horrible! Hope you get better soon!:wave_cry:

It's just annoying to feel like c£&p AND gain weight!

I had wisdom teeth out and barely ate anything all week and got a tiny loss of 0.5lbs, is weird how your body goes into "starvation mode", just have a bit of toast with sliced banana and honey etc when you feel like it, on plan and tastes yum x

Hmmm, healthy on plan food that feels a bit naughty...that might just work. I might have some chocolate weetabix before bed. And eeowch re the wisdom teeth!

Back