Step2 810kcal Does everone get cravings or just me?

smb1973

I'm on day 10 and just and really crave certain foods and get hungry. I've been sticking to the diet, but it's hard! Is this something that passes? I am hoping so? :)

I have cravings but don't actually feel hungry.

I did start making a hit list of food to have when I've finished the diet, but deleted it.

I crave foods I don't normally eat, odd.

Hmmm. I get hungry too. I mean I'm doing the best I can and sticking to it. But I have my difficult moments. Oh dear, I guess no one said it would be easy! :)

Around that period yes there was things I really wanted. I was especially craving a big Chinese takeaway but not now. As the weeks have gone on it's like I'm changing my mind set on food. Like if you put a burger and chips in front of me now I'd walk away from it and that is not the Kiwi of old.

Actually you've just reminded me I dreamt twice about a lb of chicken wings in hot sauce.

When I have been doing SS as opposed to SS+ my food cravings were off the scale, especially for carbohydrate based foods. I would obsess about these things, and google image them, talk about them, watch cookery shows for my fave recipes and look at cookbooks. I wasn’t physically hungry though just craving.
I have done various versions of this diet (LL, Cambridge, Exante) with amazing and not so amazing amounts of success and I don’t want to scare you but for me personally the cravings NEVER went away. I guess we are all different though.
I can genuinely say since starting SS+ this does not happen anymore- thank god.
I honestly think ss+ is good for my mind as well as my body. I mean , my losses are practically the same as when I did SS on the various VLCD diets. Also, it allows you some sense of normality in that you can eat with people and not have to be tucked away in a front room sipping on a shake whilst your family have a lovely healthy meal.
Also if you get a tiny bit of nutritional knowledge under your belt (carbs and stuff), you can be quite canny about it and come up with some great recipes that differ from just what is on the allowed foods list whilst staying comfortably in ketosis and lose weight.

I can’t champion ss+ enough. IT IS GREAT!!!!

Have to agree with regards SS+, had made the last 8 weeks much more bearable.

What's in leehals signature is an excellent advert of the power of ss+!

I SS+ too and I'd recommend it also. I have steady weight loss week on week and I'm not tempted to cheat. However I have breakfast mostly rather than an evening meal. I find two boiled eggs really sets me up for the day.

I found day ten a tricky one, too. It'll pass. Be strong.

I am not hungry in the slightest, in fact I feel rather full but OMG I could literally eat the biggest pizza ever right now!! It just goes to show, prior to me starting this diet, I would have gone ahead and done that just cos I was craving it and not because of hunger.

This is really making me change my mindset in relation to food.

Thanks for all the replies, I am on 810, don't know if that makes a difference or not? Cause I really can't imagine eating less than I do now!

Back