Does everyone have a "natural" weight?

my mum always said "its face or figure", when women get too thin they can get haggard, at the moment I am thinking give me haggard, just get rid of the belly! lol but as i get slimmer, I will prob want to stop when I see my cheeks going hollow.

just to have cheek bones would be nice at the moment! lol at the moment i look like i am made of jelly!

I agree i think that people do have a natural weight. i dont think that people should go by BMI charts because they dont take into account things like weight of bones, muscle mass, frame etc etc. I regularly go on the "mens health" forums and there was a guy who was classed as overweight even though he had a fat percentage of less than 15% and had a six pack etc. So i would say dont take much notice of BMI charts.

My goal weight is a stone higher than my "ideal" weight. I can't imagine being that low.

Hi,

Really just what the title says, does anyone believe each person has their own "natural" weight?

The reason I am asking is that the lowest weight for my BMI is 125lb which is just under 9st, now I know that however much I diet I will NEVER be that light, I once got down to 9st 12lb and looked awful.

I am a typical hour glass figure, big b@@bs, small(ish) waist and big hips. I have set my own weightloss target at 10st but I have a hunch that my "natural weight" is around 10st 4lb and any lower than that I wouldn't look "right ".

Am I being silly thinking that although the BMI chart states a weight, there is no way I could get that light or could I and I'm just not targetting myself low enough?

Hope this makes sense!!
I work with BMI from a health point of view every day with children. You would be considered normal BMI 11 stone and lower. This is much more accurate than slimming world or american charts NHS TOOL | healthy weight BMI calculator for children & adults

I think with this so many factors come into play, build, age, how thin you want to be ect. Up until I was about 25,26 I weighed 9st and was a skinny size 8/10! I have an athletic build and am 5ft7 with broad shoulders and no way would I now want to try to get to or maintain 9st. 10st6 I am happy at (would like to get to that again) and I look and feel healthy. I also swim alot which again builds muscle and makes me weigh more. I bought scales that measure your body fat and when I got to 11st even tho according to my BMI that was too much I was muscly and thin with a good body fat percentage, and try as I might I couldn't get below that. When I joined Scottish slimmers last yr the consultant wanted me to get to about 9/6stish as my target I wasn't comfortable with that and left soon after. I'll stick to SW online and decide my own target but again I think as long as ur at a healthy BMI even if it is at the larger side thats all u can expect, tho I do think BMI can be a bit broad for people of mine and others stature!

This is very interesting, my lowest adult weight was 9 stone 6 and I really really wanted to lose a stone then - but honestly I think I could have, my waist circumferemce at that weight classed me as obese (Im a real apple shape) but yet Id love to be that weight now - maybe just get a little more toned along the way this time

Back