Does exercise really work?

oasis6918

Gold Member
I've got a lot of weight to lose, and just started 3 classes a week, how many of you found exercise boosted your weight loss? xx

I find the more I work out the more I lose, as long as I do not work out a lot the day before my WI as it makes me retain a lot of fluid.

good luck!

Ooh I have a class the night before wi so I might have to keep an eye on that. Thanks x

No prob. Could be different for you of course but its good to be aware of.

Good look on your journey!

X

Thank you. I'm trying not to do too much for toning/muscle. Trying to help with cardio so fingers crossed xx

It's good for loads of reasons, not just weight loss. If you combine a healthy diet with exercise it might help with bigger losses but it more helps with looking better while you lose the weight. Clothes will fit better, less likely to get stretch marks or loose skin.
If you want big losses from exercise then I recommend strength training aka weight lifting. It burns fat and won't bulk you up (You'd need to be on a serious muscle building plan for that to ever happen)

(I only know this as this is how I weight last time without even dieting)

I swear by swimming, I was finding just swimming once or twice a week was really boosting my losses. I think even going for a half hour walk a day helps and I try to go shopping daily now to give myself a purpose for that walk, rather than getting the week's shopping in one go. (I know I wouldn't bother otherwise lol) x

I had my first official weigh in last Thursday and lost 6lbs.
During that week I worked out at the gym 3 times, went to a pilates class and climbed mount snowdon.
So I really think exercise helped a lot.
As for water retention before WI, I weighed in at 10am on Thursday - I went to the gym straight before WI so I can't see that I have that problem.

Since last WI I have been to the gym twice, and did 2 Zumba classes. Got Aquafit tonight, Pilates on Wednesday and hopefully a couple more gym sessions before then.
Fingers crossed I have a loss again this week.

Not only does it work but if you compare two people who weigh the same and have lost the same amount of weight. I can bet my life the one who exercised looks better/slimmer.

u can do it without but exercise is a great way to get healthy, keep fit and loose weight quicker :)

My gym instructor said something along the lines of the food loses the weight and the exercise loses the inches.
And I think that's right.
I've lost 9lbs through ww so far, but through the gym I've lost 2cm on my arms, bust, hips and thighs and a whopping 8cm from my waist.
So exercising definitely helps in my opinion =)

Totally. I started WW without doing any exercise but soon hit a point where the weight stopped disappearing. I started running I started losing again. Over the winter I didn't run and ended up losing pretty much nothing. I've now started running 3 times a week again and the weight loss has started again.

exercise defo helps. As you start to build a little bit of muscle, your body will burn more calories narturally for a few hours after you work out. Someone once told me "sweat like a pig, to look like a fox" i love it!!!!!!
I work out maybe 5-6 times a week and i get a slow but steady weight loss of 1.5-2.5 per week and im 6lb away from my goal weight

Back