Does fry-light stain your oven dishes??

vodpod

It's becoming a nightmare to get my clean my ovenware after using fry-light. It leaves a really sticky residue which takes ages to get rid of. I'm having to leave dishes soaking in bleach and all sorts to get them clean.

This is starting to annoy me - does anyone else have the same problem? Any suggestions for something I can use to get them clean? Cheers!

My oven dishes don't stain after using fry light, have you got a dishwasher?

Soak them in boiling water with fairy liquid then put them in the dish washer...hope this helps!

Xx

How odd - my dishes don't stain with frylight either :confused:

I've heard people say that it ruined their pans but havent noticed it myself

It ruins my frying pans - not noticed on dishes, but it ruins all my pans and bakeware.

Yep !! Tho not a stain just a sticky residue I use a Brillo pad to get it off my roasting tin and baking sheets.

I tell you what it has wrecked - my actifry!! The thing which you remove with the paddles on is all sticky and brown and I cannot get it off - not in the dishwasher, with bleach or a brillo pad!!!!

I now actifry my chips with a tablespoon of oil for 2 syns each - nicer too!

Its not wrecked any of my cookware, but it does leave the baking sheets sticky!! I soak them as soon as im done with them then put them in the dishwasher and that solves it x

Yes it does leave a horrible sticky brown residue! And if I'm making syn free chips it tends to splatter the oven too, which I just cant remove.:(

It does the same to my dishes - I've found squirting it with Fairy Power Spray then into the dishwasher helps to remove it :)

Last edited:
jaylou said:
I tell you what it has wrecked - my actifry!! The thing which you remove with the paddles on is all sticky and brown and I cannot get it off - not in the dishwasher, with bleach or a brillo pad!!!!

I now actifry my chips with a tablespoon of oil for 2 syns each - nicer too!

My actifry paddle is the same and I didn't realise it was the frylight!! Makes sense though. Will use olive oil instead

I get the horrid sticky residue on my pans and dishes too. It isn't too bad on glass/ceramic (is that what I mean, or are they made of something else?) dishes as it just comes off with a good scrubbing. It had killed my frying pans though.

Bleach won't deal with this

Try soaking in Soda Crystals, pour boiling water over the crystal, immerse the dish and leave until cold.

Astonish paste is good for pans.

add coarse salt to washing up liquid gives you a bit of scouring action, do NOT use on non stick pans.

Or try some neat alcohol! I think it's the alcohol in the spray that causes the problem and sometimes treating like with like helps.

Ive often thought its the salt in the dishwasher that removes it.

I have the same problem, depending on the surface. Scrubbing works, but is obviously no good for non stick. I'd also recommend soda crystals, they're very effective, or you could try scrubbing with some bicarb of soda.

Back