Does it get easier (truth plz)

Graham85

Hi all of you!

I have been on the SS for just a week now and have lost 14.3lbs!! and feel proud of myself. however. it seems to be becoming harder and harder to stay on the diet and am having more and more cravings for food.Most of the week was ok so is it just a short phase im going through in these last couple of days and it gets easier or will it be this hard throughout?
Just after the facts plz.
Thankyou!

Wow great weight loss well done.

I can only go by my experience and am starting week 8 but it has got a lot easier for me definately.

I did find it easier once i went into ketosis btu i did read a thread on here about cravings etc goin g after 21 days and think this is true as i no longer care for food too much now. I cook and prepare all my familys meals and it doesnt bother me now whilst in the 1st week i couldnt go near food!

Hang on it there you have done so well in your first week.

Good luck

Please believe me, it DOES get easier. I found that the second week was actually harder for me than the first, it was like the adrenaline and enthusiasm kept me going the first week then the second week I came down to earth with a bump.

But now I'm at week 13 and it is so much easier. Don't get me wrong, there are still times that I find it hard but those times are getting fewer and further between. Just take it one day at a time and soon you will get there xx

Im also starting week 8 and I promise, it does get easier!
There will be occasions when you think you fancy something, but to be honest, I find that if I distract myself for a bit, I soon forget about food !
Also, I think of losing weight as a job thats needed to be done for many years.
The sooner I get it over with, the sooner I can get on with my life.

Your loss is fantastic, keep it up !!!!!

Thanks for all your input people. Today is the start of week 2. I may have lost a lot in week 1 but i have been told that males generally tend to lose faster than women, dont know if its true but it looks like it so thats a bonus for me! I was 110.7KG´s when i first started and have just weiged myself again this morning and i am 103.2KG´s. if this keeps up, the CD will have me slim in no time!
Must say though, a quick congratulations to you ladys who manage to get to week 8 and 13!!! thats some serious will power! havent seen any other males here in the forum yet!

It does get easier, im starting week 14 now, and dont think about food much at all, and i have to cook food at home. In fact i find baking cakes very therapeutic and relaxing, but i think i might be strange lol

Hey Graham,
Well done for such a fab loss
Just wanted to wish you luck for your cd journey..
Like the others have said it does get easier... otherwise we all wouldn't have got this far.. I start week 10 on wednesday!

My brother is on the cambridge diet and has done so well so far.. he always loses more than me weekly and we both do the same.. He has lost over all in the same amount of time a stone and about 1/2 more than me.. !!
So stick with it as you lucky men do lose it quicker!!!

Hey Diddums
Just wanted to say well done to you.. your doing so well.. you have such great losses each week!! My last two weeks I just lost 2 pounds and I dont know why as havent done anything different!!

All cool and positive stuff!! just need to keep plodding along then and will be thin in no time :D
To say i had such a great weight loss in the first week, I didnt really notice any physical change in my appearance, is this normal?

Hey Graham..
It depends how much you have to lose also it probably takes a good few stones to really notice a big difference.
Even though with 14 pounds you should notice your clothes feeling loser...
Good luck.. honestly if you stick to it, it will fall off like I said with my brother he always looses so much more than me.. not even 3 months yet and he has done 3 stone 9 pounds in 8 weeks..

hey hon. it does indeed get easier. it's the cravings that try to catch us out!! but you will get there and you will lose much faster than the rest of us more than likely *sigh* :D

fantastic first week's loss :D

why not start a diary thread? it really does help to go and moan on there. ha. and we can keep up with you :)

and there are other chaps on here. not many posting on the cd forum but i would suggest reading icemoose's journal (if you do a search i'm sure you'll find it). he is our resident male cd guru and reading his blog really really does give you encouragement :D

abz xx

Just wanted to say well done on your fantastic first week's weight loss! It certainly keeps you motivated doesn't it?:D

It definitely gets easier. I'm just starting my 5th week now and the time has just flown by. I must say that after the 2nd week I noticed more that my cravings were easier to deal with. I think it was the fact that I could have the bars then and I felt like I was eating something. It made it easier to cope somehow. I've noticed that my tastes are changing and the things that I sometimes crave are changing. I don't miss chocolate or sweets, but I miss savoury things instead. I've started to have the soups as having something hot inside me makes it feel better too. I found yesterday I could even manage being in the same room as them when they had a roast dinner. So yes-it does get easier-and although you may still get the odd craving, you can usually deal with them a lot better and see them for what they are. Good luck with the rest of the weight loss-you'll do it in no time!

Hi Graham

I just like to say, I think week 2 is the hardest out the lot, I felt tired, cold and weak all week. But now I'm getting to the end of week 6, I;ve lost 2.5 stones and I feel loads better. I played rugby at the weekend and felt better than I have doen all season. So keep it it will get easier.

cheers for the input. you really do have some will power to be on week 6! its not easy. I was infront of my mate today and he was eating a bacon and egg butty! i could have just grabed it out of his hand but knew it would do me no good! i havent decided how many weeks im gunna do yet!!

Aim for the stars Graham, once you've done a week you might as well do a month or three or four....
You will be able to eat those butties in the future,,, just they will make up a small part of your overall diet!
Time really does fly.... You will soon be on your 2nd month!
And how amazing will you look???

x

Back