does it matter that some points are drinks?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Food Diaries' started by fay2601, 14 January 2011 Social URL.

1. fay2601

fay2601 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.92%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers old points
    Hi all
    Wonder if someone can help?? I am back on discover which i know works as i've lost 2 stone on it but want to lose another 1.5 stone.Thing is I haven't been losing any weight in the last 10 days despite sticking to my 18 points a day (sometimes less).Looking at my food diary my points are made up of 14 points of food and 4 points for cappuccinos(i'm addicted!) Does is matter that I have 4 points worth of drinks? Surely if I count them in points into my daily total I should still lose weight?
    It is TOTM so maybe thats why the scales are the same but it's so disheartening to not lose a bean after 10 days! I was so motivated at the start but i'm feeling pretty down about it now.
    Any comments would be appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slimgirlfat

slimgirlfat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(10.7%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi
    Sometimes not sticking to your points, don't help you.
    If i was you i would make sure everyday you have your 18 points. (even having your cappuccinos)
    The last time i was on weight watchers, i went with my 2 friends, they always seem to lose (even if it was a pound)
    Then i found out why, it was because i thought i was being good and not having all my points, turns out wasn't so good after all.
    Hope this helps

4. J4N3Y

J4N3Y Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    This advice has been great, I am new to weight watchers and I have been trying to stay under my points as I thought it may help to loose more, now that u have said this though I will have to make an effort to use my points, I will see if using less has helped when I get weighed on Tuesday.

Love n stuff
    J x

5. slimgirlfat

slimgirlfat Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(10.7%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Good Luck for Tuesday, Hope you do well ;-)

6. fay2601

fay2601 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.92%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers old points
    Think you're probably right,it's best to have your full points quota for the day otherwise your body might do into starvation mode!
    Thanks

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Its a common misconception that eating less means losing more, the opposite is true! if you dont eat your points, as yuore discovering it can have an adverse effect on your results. Remember WW have worked this out and spent a fortune doing so, trust the system. If they say you need 18 then have them, and enjoy them :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.