Does it matter what you eat?

redmel

Dreamer
I was chatting with my mum about diets and she was telling me about all these weird and wonderful ones she and her friends have tried over the years....including a chip diet!!! It basically meant you could eat chippy chips and only chippy chips...she ssid her ftiend actually lost about 6st doing this!

I got me thinking about the types of calories we consume. Do you think it matters greatly WHAT we eat to lose weight....ie if i ate 1000 cals a day, would it matter if it was made up solely of chips/crisps/choc....I would most likely still lose weight wouldnt I, I just wouldnt get a lot of food for my calories?

What do you think?

Ps...

Obviously I am not going to live on crisps lol x was just wondering!

Isn't it a strange thing!

I did watch an interview with a man who lost loads of weight eating only baked beans...although I suppose beans are pretty healthy really.

I think it has a lot to do with whether the body is getting enough nutrition to keep it ticking over healthily. There some reports out there suggesting that although people are obese they are also suffering from malnutrition because of the lack of quality ingredients in the ready meals/fast foods they are eating.

As long as you are eating regularly, feeling satisfied, have enough energy and are not catching every bug going around I don't think it matters how many cals or what type of food. As long as your body processes it efficiently.

This question has been asked before.
You will definitley still loose weight if you ate your entire cal allowance in chips/chocolate/crisps/peanut etc.
What I will say though, is that you will feel like crap!!!
The reason I love ccing is because I can eat whatever I like. As long as I stick to my cal allowance. What I have learned since starting this way back in June is that it's not that easy.
The healthier you eat, the better you feel and the easier you loose.
I feel better when I get my 5 a day, and I have learned that bleached flour doesn't always agree with me. Also the healthier stuff is less cals, which means you can eat more and feel fuller longer. Which is always a bonus!! :)

I still have treat days, and I know I can have some "naughties" and stay within cals.
Take Friday for example. I had a chicken kebab and chips, and stayed within cals.

It really is up to the individual. If you want to eat just chips or crisps, then go for it, but I can guarantee that you would have no energy and major spots!!!! :)

I know some1 who has done the 'cabbage soup diet' for 7 weeks and lost 5 stone :-O That is healthty as its all fruit n veg and detox's u, But a dangerous amount of weight loss in such short time! Chippy chip diet haha that sounds funny, i wouldnt mind a subway diet tho!! :D

My opinion would be that I have done a lot of diets, and fundamentally the reason why the weight has kept creeping back on is because I hadn't found one that I could adopt long term. I always went back to eating 'normally' meaning I hadn't learned anything.

To my mind cc is something you can do long term simply by flexing the amount of cals you have.

If you eat your allowance in crap when you reach goal you will not have learned how to eat healthily in a sustainable way so it will come back.

Starting to make informed healthy decisions and them becoming 'normal' must be the way to keeping it off for good.

Ps: I realise this is theory only as i have never achieved it yet but here's hoping!!

I agree, i think if u want to get ur body in shape and loose weight, u need 2 appreciate healthy eating, else u will mosy likely put it all back on xx

5 stone in 7 weeks!!!!!!!

I think I would get seriously bored eating the same food every meal, every day;)

I always thought I could never calorie count, but am finding it so easy and very flexible x

Yes haha, i gave it a try, i lost 6lb in a week, i HATED cabbage by the 5th day lol but its good for a kick start!! xx

the subway diet isnt too bad if you load your sub with lots of salad i suppose! Its pretty big in america. Although I have to say it would be a bloody expensive diet, your talking what, 3 quid for a 6 inch sub? x2 per day x7 per week is.... £42 :eek: think I'd rather do exante for £25 a week!

I think if I did a diet like the cabbage diet or even sub diet, I'd get very bored before too long. And I think my body gets pretty stoic on the same food all of the time, and I stop losing weight!

I personally think its more important to change what you eat on a daily basis than having healthier options. For most people simply restricting calories is more than enough to lose weight without thinking about fat/carb content

I know subway would be so expensive!! I deffo agree, CC makes u appreciate eating more healthy, i must admit i have done some of these crazy diets, but only as a kick start :D xx

I didnt know the subway diet is a big hit in america!!!

Even though I love subway, I would quickly become sick of it. I am definitely an 'eat what I feel like' type of gal' Although that is probably why I am overweight;)

redmel said:
I didnt know the subway diet is a big hit in america!!!

Even though I love subway, I would quickly become sick of it. I am definitely an 'eat what I feel like' type of gal' Although that is probably why I am overweight;)

I think that one works because they have the low cal range so you can stick on around 1000 calories even if you eat it 3 times a day. Must get dull though and I can't believe that much bread can be good for you!!

well the idea is you have a healthy breakfast + sub at lunch + sub at dinner. 6 inch?, the lowfat range, and no cheese dressings, or fancy bread. The wheat bread + chicken 6 inch sub is 297 calories, so that's 600, plus maybe 200-300 for your "healthy" breakfast. If you are really big/male you could probably eat 2 footlongs a day and not have any problems losing weight either!

I'm afraid my favourite, steak and cheese on herb and cheese bread, ain't on the menu :p

hannata said:
well the idea is you have a healthy breakfast + sub at lunch + sub at dinner. 6 inch?, the lowfat range, and no cheese dressings, or fancy bread. The wheat bread + chicken 6 inch sub is 297 calories, so that's 600, plus maybe 200-300 for your "healthy" breakfast. If you are really big/male you could probably eat 2 footlongs a day and not have any problems losing weight either!

I'm afraid my favourite, steak and cheese on herb and cheese bread, ain't on the menu :p

Neither is my favourite - meatball!! Yummy! Definitely not less than 300!!

Back