Does It Matter When?

Bijoux

Fat Fighter
You take your packs? Like could you have two together?

Am asking because I don't have anything in the morning, I just can't stomach it, and sometimes am at Uni till the evening or late afternoon. So am forced to have all my packs in a shorter time frame.

some CDCs might be able to give some official advice but I would say two together is better than not having them at all but ideal.

If you can possibly get in the habit of having one in the morning it may help your body and also help you get into a healthy habit, eating something in the morning, that will help you maintain after CD.

Makes no difference at all hun, I know some people had all theirs in the evenings

xx

For me its been a good habit forming thing, bowl of porridge straight out of bed and a hot chocolate later in the evening with 2 meals some point in the middle. Improvement on picking all day and main meal about 11.30 pm which I was like before cd.

I always combine my last 2 shakes of the day into 1 large one which I drink slowly over 20 minutes or so. the first few times this felt like a lot to drink in a short time, and gave me a bit of a funny stomach, but now totally used to it and no side effects at all.

I agree that having 1 in the morning when you wake up is good habit forming, I too can't really stomach anything for the first few hours after I wake up but I force myself to have "breakfast" as I want to be able to have a real breakfast once I'm back on food, as it's good for you and important to get your metabolism and brain going.

that said, while on the packs I really don't think it matter when you have them, so long as you have them all each day you are getting the vits&mins you need, so do what works for you :)

PS My LLC advised that if you don't have a pack for breakfast, it's best to drink a pint of warm water as this too will get your body going into "day" mode, though I don't know if that's true or not.

I always combine my last 2 shakes of the day into 1 large one which I drink slowly over 20 minutes or so. the first few times this felt like a lot to drink in a short time, and gave me a bit of a funny stomach, but now totally used to it and no side effects at all.

I agree that having 1 in the morning when you wake up is good habit forming, I too can't really stomach anything for the first few hours after I wake up but I force myself to have "breakfast" as I want to be able to have a real breakfast once I'm back on food, as it's good for you and important to get your metabolism and brain going.

that said, while on the packs I really don't think it matter when you have them, so long as you have them all each day you are getting the vits&mins you need, so do what works for you :)

PS My LLC advised that if you don't have a pack for breakfast, it's best to drink a pint of warm water as this too will get your body going into "day" mode, though I don't know if that's true or not.
Ive heard this also and it makes perfect sense, they also say you should eat heaviest early in the day so you burn it off faster due to doing more so a 2am kebab or curry is probably the worst the thing I could ever of done.:eek:

I can honestly say 12 months ago I rarely ate a thing before 2pm but since forcing the breakfast down it really does make the difference, get up, coffee and breakfast and I feel so much better for it. :)

I really can't have breakfast, it makes me feel sick in the morning. All I can have is some water.

It depends on you: I read on the Cambridge Diet website, that in some people it can take them out of ketosis, because of the amount of carbs in a short period of time.

I agree it is much better to take 2 together, than miss a meal. I don't think you will have a problem, but try and space them out by about an hour is you can.

I will try and find the link.

"I am a Muslim; how can I continue with the ‘Sole Source’ programme during Ramadan?
Ramadan occurs in the ninth month of the Muslim year. During daylight hours, rigid fasting is observed which means that Cambridge Diet and water will need to be consumed before sunrise and after sundown. During the time available, intake should be spread out as evenly as possible and might necessitate rising a bit earlier. It is not advisable to take more than one diet at a time as the increased carbohydrate intake may take the customer out of ketosis, making it even more difficult for them to stay motivated and stick with the programme. " - from CD website

Last edited:
Dragonfly, how long did it take you to lose that much? It seems so far away at the minute *sigh*

The time will go quicker as you go on, I still can't believe I'm in my 6th week already, it feels like only a few days ago I got my first packs!

Also, the longer you do the more you "forget" what it was like to eat regular food, and the easier it gets to stick to the packs as they just become the norm.

It's hard to imagine that early on, but it's true, honest, you just have to stick it out :)

Thanks Blueeyes, I'm really pleased with myself :)

I do nothing but go about my daily routine, and on weekends I intentionally take it easy. I just seem to have a steady pace for it, though after 4 weeks of losing 6lbs each week I went down to losing 5lbs last week, but that's to be expected I doubt 6lbs a week could be maintained for a long period anyway. I'm still well happy though.

Once I lose another stone and a bit (so I hit my first real big weight target of being 17stone) I'm going to take up swimming 3 nights a week and have a long walk each day on the weekends.

Once I get to 16stone, I'll probably join the gym I used to go to back when I was 16stone at 16years old lol

But yeah, so far I've spend 5.5 weeks doing nothing but my job, my regular life and the shakes :)

Well done Pete! I need to start setting myself some mini goals...

In response to the original post - I go to uni during the day and work evenings. I keep a tetra pack & meal replacement bar in my bag, plus water. This means I can nibble the bar or have the pack in between or after classes, on the train, etc. Then when I'm at work I have a soup and once I'm home I have a hot shake before bed. It's all about finding a routine/method that works for you. Long gaps could give rise to temptation and that's the last thing we want.
Good luck Sylvie!

Am fine with temptation because I have learnt how to walk away. Plus I hate the tetras and I haven't tried the bars yet. Might give them a try next week and nibble on them all morning, but a bit scared of being knocked out of ketosis because I can only stand porridge so that would mean 2 packs of porridge and a bar, higher carb content.

Back