Does it REALLY get easier after day 4???

mrschatterbox

2012..my year2b a size 10
Please be honest ladies... i struggled on day 4 last year and gave up :cry: I am so much more determined to do it this time though... the only problem for me is feeding the kids... i want it to get so easy that i can cook them lovely meals and actually not want to secretly eat half of it..i want to be able to just feed and walk away... am i kidding myself?? Honest opinions please girls..my cd councillor is adamant that i will pass through the that wanting wanting and wanting..???

I'm not sure it ever gets "easy" as such as for the majority of the time it is a constant mental choice not to give in to that desire for instant gratification. It gets easier in that physical hunger becomes less of an issue but IMHO none of us would need CD if physical hunger was the only hunger we fed. Most of us feed mouth hunger and emotional hunger very readily and I think you have to acknowledge and be prepared to deal with that to have CD work for you.

Can you split your shakes so that you have one to sip while you are cooking? (I make my shakes up cold to 600mls with about 400mls water and 9 ice cubes all blended together). Have positive conversations with yourself in your head when cooking about how you do care about yourself more than you care about that morsel of food to nibble on etc.

Be prepared, have structure, be honest with yourself, be prepared to put in some work and effort and see it as a positive thing you are doing to enhance your health and life which in turn will enhance your kids' lives too.

Good luck!

Im in week 4 and its just 'normal' for me not to have food now, i mean i have my moments but usually im good and not even thinking about food. I no its hard when u have to do food for the kids but u also get used to that.
Ill be completely honest with you i pretty much completely lost the urge after about 2 weeks, but it can be different for everyone.
Good luck :)

Wow thank you girls! Gorey girl, you are spot on....every word of your reply had my head nodding hehe... thank you for the honest reply.
Kelly, well done you...4 weeks!!! To be honest i'm new to this site so not quiet figured out all the signatures etc as yet...but i assume your doing well??? xxx

Aaaah kelly, i've just gone back to figure it out..doh..i'm so slow haha.. tbh your is easy to read compared to some i have seen and wow, your doing amazingly well.... just looking at it has given me hope so thank you xx

Thanks you! Im sure you will do fab! obviously it takes some getting used to but we will get there :) Im pretty hopfull that i WILL continue for the next 10-14 weeks depending on how quickly i get to goal.

I've been on CD since the start of October and back then it seemed at times an overwhelming challenge but I can honestly say it does become routine and the time does fly (especially as you often wish the week away so you can find out how much you have lost this week! lol)

Thanks ladies!
I've just read Awaken me's thread, took me an hour but WOW!!!! HOW AMAZING!! Sadly can't yet view photo's as i've not posted '50' times..but i cant wait to see hehe.

2 days before the diet starts...eeeeeeek...better start munching away now hehe xx

I'm
On day 5 and I'm hoping it becomes easier too! I don't think 6months of feeling like crap will spur me on but going on the posts I think it wil get slot easier!

I hope so lancsgirl... how are you feeling? Do you have children? Or anyone in the house who is eating? I'm dreading feeding my kids hehe

Hey,

I'm on day 5 too, food hasn't bothered me much yet until today when my other half was dragging me round Tesco, I hadn't drank that much water so think that was why lol.

I think you've got to try and stay focused on why your on CD when it gets hard. I always tell myself I don't need to eat what everyone else is having because I know what it tastes like and its no good for me....it might be useless advice but hope it helps xx

Hi yes I have two teenagers and a 13 month old and a oh! They all need feeding and my little girl has food I love for her lunch and tea! It's really hard not to lick fingers or finish off her leftovers but unknown will be a happier mummy when I've got this weight off! I'm on day 6 and this is my first fantastic day of feeling more than normal!!! You can do it hun!!!

It's definitely never going to be easy!
We all eat for different reasons besides physical hunger... So now we need to find other ways to deal with those emotions instead of feeding them!
Be prepared for an emotional journey!!!!
I sat through my family having an Indian last night and it WAS torture however it was actually easier to say no than it would be to get back on track!
A roast dinner last Sunday took me 4 days to to get over, in terms of scales I mean! I was 15,0 on the Sunday morning and took me til Thursday to get back to it! Was it worth 4 days of no loss?? Absolutely not!
So who knows what the Indian would have caused... And having just got into 14s I don't want to go back to 15s!
So although it's hard to miss out at the time, it makes life and the diet easier in the long run!
Good luck, just accept CD for what it is. Of course you'll miss food but hey ho it's there at the end and you'll enjoy it all the more!
X

I think it definitely does get easier after Day 4, when you're fully in ketosis and the worst of the hunger pangs have gone.

However, that is not to say you never get hunger pangs again! I get them every so often (about every week or so), and have to eat cheese!! And once I've had a wedge of cheese, I need another! And usually another!! And so every time I do this it sets my weight loss back at least a couple of days.

Whether this is actually fat or just water retention from the salt I don't know, but what I do know is that it really is not worth it!

Thanks for the positive feedback... it all begins 2mrw eeeek! I am actually feeling very excited about it all though. Yes of course am dreading the temptations but as you all say it will be worth it in the end!! I just want to put all my friends and family into shock, hehe.. mainly it's for my own health..my mum had a stroke and was in a coma for 2 years... she died! Although she wasn't over weight, her chelesterol was vey high... i think since then my family have really started to worry for me, esp since i get odd pains in my right arm..according to the dr it's my weight.. I want to do this for me but for my family too...Am even more confident now i have this site to come to when i have a bad moment..you girls are angels!!! xxx

Cambridge diet 08..congrats on your baby...my little lady was born in september...god love em ey.... if only they knew what we put our bodies through hehe xx

From my experience I can safely say it does get easier - I have 3 littlies (7, 6 and 2)to cook for (and a husband who sends me out for fish and chips for him!) and after the first couple of weeks it really hasn't been a problem - in fact I've done more cooking than ever before and enjoyed doing it - but I haven't so much as licked my fingers - I can now cook up/prepare anything without even a thought of eating it...lets just hope it continues once I have to start eating again!!

Good luck and stick with it - you'll be there before you know it.

Thank you Setas..and wow that is will power!! Give me some plz... ;)

Back