does it work?

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
In all honesty do you think this diet can be done without eating veggies? I eat cucumber and sweetcorn but thats about it really. I don't no anything about the programme really but do you think it could work without??

Hi Nicki,
Ide say it would be a bit harder due to less choice, but definatley not impossible. can u eat veg thats cooked in things ie tomato based sauces, with veg added with chicken etc? if you can, then you shouldnt have a problem.You can have some potatoes, but not much. veg is handy to bulk out meals when theres not much carb allowance. if you just dont like the taste, then you can use no fat dressings on salad. also mabye stir frying your veg? changes the texture, and the flavour and you can add soy sauce etc. The first two weeks are quite strict, but you can swap meals for ones that you do like. you are allowed basmati rice as well. basically its calorie counted, and everything you eat has to be less than 5% fat per 100g. total fats that is, not saturated. once you have done the 4 week quick start, then you get your personal calorie allowance, depending what weight you are after that. you can lose an average of a stone in those first four weeks.can u eat fruit? there is two 50 cal power snacks a day, that mainly consist of fruit, but there is other choices if you dont like that either.basically any healthy eating plan you do is going to ask you to eat veg, but if you dont like it then you will either have to leave it out, or find alternatives. or experiment. mabye its just been habit thats put you off eating them. theres load of different kinds, and different ways to cook them.good luck with whatever you decide. and ask any questions if you want to know anything else about the plan.

Linda xx

Totally agree with Mondayclubber's reply. I'm not a big veg fan and did try to bulk out meals with the odd veg I liked (cabbage and mushrooms) a bits of ones that i wasnt fussed about but it would be the same on most diets i guess. I do like fruit though so that helped.

It can be done

Back