Does kebab meat have low carb count?

I was just wondering if kebab meat like, doner kebab, chicken doner, chicken shish etc have low carb counts?

if so, i think i may take a trip down to my local place.

That's a good question tranq. There are a few kebab shops around here and that would be nice to know. maybe jim is out there somewhere and will know..

I am not sure about all kebab shops but I have had kebab meat with salad and garlic mayo from a few and never been knocked out of ketosis.
I also would prefer not to eat it at all, but sometimes when you are looking for fast food out on the road your choices can be somewhat limited :)

I am not sure about all kebab shops but I have had kebab meat with salad and garlic mayo from a few and never been knocked out of ketosis.
I also would prefer not to eat it at all, but sometimes when you are looking for fast food out on the road your choices can be somewhat limited :)

Wow if i could have garlic mayo with it too that would be heavenly.

I've had three kebabs now since doing atkins. All have been chicken breast pieces done on the grill along with the salad and garlic mayo, yummy. Haven't been knocked out of ketosis that i'm aware of either. Makes a nice change and the lesser of the worse evils i think when working shifts and the shift get takeaways in..

I ate kebabs during induction, but yes as Laura says there are some dodgy kebab shops around. :)

ah, he was the owner then Claire?

Oh I don't know, maybe you should consider him, all the kebab you can eat. ;)

I used to have a tray of donner meat with lettuce, cheese & mayo every saturday & I still lost. Just ask the shop if there is anything added to the meat. If they are reluctant to tell, say it's because you have allergies.... to carbs!!

Back