• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Does losing inches mean more to you th then losing lbs?

IWillBeAYummyMummy

Supercalifragilistic
Last year I did 3 months of weight lifting, and the scale stayed about the same throughout, however I lose a lot of inches and my clothes were swinging around me. So for me when I exercise I tend to measure myself, but now with this diet it's the scales.

it's the inches for me every time!

i'm almost at goal and yet i still have a huge belly - really really hoping the last half stone makes a dent in it (literally!) or i'll be so frustrated.

lbs. i'm ONLY dieting to get a medical referral for which i need BMI <30.

I'm losing inches the last two weeks, but only one pound. I couldn't be more gutted, tbh. do not give a single fig if i get any smaller (tho it has been a nice 'side effect'), I need the bloody scales to go down.

Inches for me. I want to be able to go into a shop and buy all the nice clothes I see in size 12/14. They never go up to 18/20.

IWillBeAYummyMummy

Supercalifragilistic
It's an odd one isn't it. I think we all have in our heads that we want to be either a certain weight or waist size! Depends which spurs you on more i guess x

chicken on a mission

Restarting to lose 4stone
Neither. It's all about gaining control of my eating so it's all about the number of days I complete. I know that the weight and inches are all going to reduce as a result of control do control is everything.

I'm all about the lbs! I'm actually starting to decrease my exercise as I find it affects the number on the scales, especially being weighed weekly I much prefer to see a big drop on the scales, saying that I do like seeing the inches go, I've lost 5 from my waist, 4.5 from my hips, 2 from the bust in 3 weeks :O

I do love seeing the lbs go down on the scales but I would have to say inches as it makes you feel so much more confident about yourself!

chicken on a mission

Restarting to lose 4stone
I've just thought, this time round I haven't even measured myself. Both times previously I measured arms, chest both on and under boobs (if I had any!), waist, hips and thighs.

I just stick to the scales now. So I guess the priority is days completed followed by weight with inches not even on the radar!

In my defence I know what my next size down trousers to shrink into are and try those on at least every Sunday and can see the difference easily each time I do.

I guess having done this twice before I know it works, it's no hardship to SS so I don't feel the need to motivate myself.

I expect all that will change when I move out of my comfort zone and onto 810.

scooterchick

She's me in a few months
For me it's the lbs although it's always nice to see the inches disappear too and the clothes get looser. In 3 weeks I've lost 14lbs (although could be more, next wi tomorrow) 5" off my waist, 4" off my bust and 1" off my hips. And went from a size 24 on top to a ever so slightly tight (but not bad at all) 22!