Does losing inches mean more to you th then losing lbs?

IWillBeAYummyMummy

Supercalifragilistic
This is a question me and my mum was discussing this....would you rather lose the inchs or the lbs? My mum would rather lose inchs quickly and let the lbs follow...i prefer it the other way x

Last year I did 3 months of weight lifting, and the scale stayed about the same throughout, however I lose a lot of inches and my clothes were swinging around me. So for me when I exercise I tend to measure myself, but now with this diet it's the scales.

it's the inches for me every time!

i'm almost at goal and yet i still have a huge belly - really really hoping the last half stone makes a dent in it (literally!) or i'll be so frustrated.

lbs. i'm ONLY dieting to get a medical referral for which i need BMI <30.

I'm losing inches the last two weeks, but only one pound. I couldn't be more gutted, tbh. do not give a single fig if i get any smaller (tho it has been a nice 'side effect'), I need the bloody scales to go down.

Inches for me. I want to be able to go into a shop and buy all the nice clothes I see in size 12/14. They never go up to 18/20.

It's an odd one isn't it. I think we all have in our heads that we want to be either a certain weight or waist size! Depends which spurs you on more i guess x

Neither. It's all about gaining control of my eating so it's all about the number of days I complete. I know that the weight and inches are all going to reduce as a result of control do control is everything.

I'm all about the lbs! I'm actually starting to decrease my exercise as I find it affects the number on the scales, especially being weighed weekly I much prefer to see a big drop on the scales, saying that I do like seeing the inches go, I've lost 5 from my waist, 4.5 from my hips, 2 from the bust in 3 weeks :O

I do love seeing the lbs go down on the scales but I would have to say inches as it makes you feel so much more confident about yourself!

I've just thought, this time round I haven't even measured myself. Both times previously I measured arms, chest both on and under boobs (if I had any!), waist, hips and thighs.

I just stick to the scales now. So I guess the priority is days completed followed by weight with inches not even on the radar!

In my defence I know what my next size down trousers to shrink into are and try those on at least every Sunday and can see the difference easily each time I do.

I guess having done this twice before I know it works, it's no hardship to SS so I don't feel the need to motivate myself.

I expect all that will change when I move out of my comfort zone and onto 810.

For me it's the lbs although it's always nice to see the inches disappear too and the clothes get looser. In 3 weeks I've lost 14lbs (although could be more, next wi tomorrow) 5" off my waist, 4" off my bust and 1" off my hips. And went from a size 24 on top to a ever so slightly tight (but not bad at all) 22!

Back