does missing a pack on total effect loss?

welshkaz39

hiyas im really struggling fitting my 4th pack in a few nights of the week especially with work commitmts does it stop you losing at the proper rate going to bed stuffed is something ive kinda got used to for years and dont want to hold on to. anyone have any experience on this please?

Actually you do also need to worry about losses. Not having all 4 packs means your body may go into "starvation mode" because it's not getting enough of what it needs. If it does this, it will try and retain fat instead of shedding it.

If you're having trouble fitting them all in, why not double up? Like, use two packs to make one shake or soup.

Sorry but personally I think the effect it can have on your health is way more important than it affecting how much you lose. Too many people seem to think that the less cals they have the more theyll lose and on a diet like this we're all on the minimum we should be. People worry too much about losses and not enough about the impact on their health by not following these diets properly

I agree with you Starlight.
I think it's really important to follow the plan completely, including having all the packs, at least the recommended amount of water and going on to do RTM at the end.
Also not doing too much exercise if you are on total abstinence.
You are having a finely balanced amount of nutrition and calories.
It's not called a vlcd (VERY LOW CALORIE diet) for nothing.
You can certainly get used to having your 4 packs a day.
For me it meant starting to have one at breakfast time - something I had always skipped before LL.
It seems hard to believe someone can't manage 4 packs a day when to be on LLT we need to have at least 3 stone to lose, so must have been eating quite a lot for quite a long time.
Good suggestion from Joiya to double up with the packs if necessay. You could also have a bar instead of a pack.
Some people don't have any packs until the evening and then have them all in a short time. for me I spaced them out about 5 hours apart stating about 8 a.m. usually.
Whatever works for you - but have them all or your health may suffer.
My theory, why re-invent what you know works :confused:

I do have the packs most days just going to bed really stuffed is uncomfortable but you are right why change what works thanks for your advice girls x

Sorry to jump in on this thread but SB you mentioned about exercise.

This is something I dont do any of and havent for a very long time now and was wondering when i should start and what sort of exercise is best to do. I am 5 weeks into LLT, I tend to be an all or nothing girl so could do with a bit of guidance with this topic please before I start something and take it to the extreme and detriment of my weightloss. Also I assume exercise will help with saggy skin or am I way off the mark with that one?

Thanks

Hey TBSX. I asked my LLC about exrcise when I started. She said light to moderate, don't go crazy. I did do quite a bit of weights to build muscle, but she said being on LLT it's hard build muscle because your not taking in any carbs to do that. Not sure how true that is tho, but that's what she siad to me. My intention is to do muscle building once I stop and just do light exercise for now.

Thanks - I wouldnt mind doing something like Zumba to start with but struggling to find a class in my area at the moment.

Lucky you getting some exercise at work, unfortunately my job means sitting down constantly only finding time to go to the loo ha! I have been putting the exercise part of LL off but I know I need to do something, becuase when I start RTM (long time off yet) I will need to exercise to keep the weight off I am sure!

Big respect to you for the job you do!

I space my packs out evenly, one for breakfast, bar at lunch out on the road, chilli con carne for tea, then hot choc at about 9pm, does me nicely

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

Hi TBSX
I'm the wrong person to ask about exercise, I don't do much.
However I have known quite a few LL people who've found that doing vigorous exercise while on a VLCD has slowed down their weight loss and made them feel worn out.
Don't forget we are only taking in very few claories while on a vlcd.
The general advice is low to moderate exercise while doing LL then step it up when doing maintenance.
But, there are others who seriously train, run marathons etc. Whatever suits you.:)

Hi TBSX
I'm the wrong person to ask about exercise, I don't do much.
However I have known quite a few LL people who've found that doing vigorous exercise while on a VLCD has slowed down their weight loss and made them feel worn out.
Don't forget we are only taking in very few claories while on a vlcd.
The general advice is low to moderate exercise while doing LL then step it up when doing maintenance.
But, there are others who seriously train, run marathons etc. Whatever suits you.:)

Aw sorry, I thought I saw a post you did on exercise, ignore me I am generally away with the fairies :) x

My husband says the only time I run is when the phone rings......!!

There's little point in me running... it doesn't seem to propel me forward any faster than when I'm walking... there's just a lot more flailing of limbs going on... very unpleasant for everyone involved tbh! LOL!! ;)

xx

Back