Does PP work for everyone?

mjmummy

i have done PP for 6 weeks and the last two weeks i have gained and sts even though i have followed the plan like glue and had dailies and weeklies.
i have become a bit disheartened even though i have carried on with it. But just feel like giving up.
so does PP work for everyone, have you all managed good weight loss?

Well personally it has for me- sure it's not for us all though. Have you tried varying the amount of weeklies you eat, or maybe even moving your dailies up or down by one or two, just in case?

I know exactly how you're feeling! I've stayed the same the last 6 weeks despite sticking to my points and tracking everything. It is really disheartening. I'm breastfeeding too so I expected the weight to be coming off. I was doing well at first I have lost over a stone but I don't know what.s going on now. My leader has told me not to use my weeklies this week, she said my body might just need a kick start to start losing again. I'm going to try it and see what happens.

My mum is having this problem too. She's sts or gained for a couple of months and I'm really worried she's gonna give up if it carries on. She's mid 50s and 19st and I want her round for a lot lot longer but I've no idea how to help her because its working ok for me still

Hiya,

Ive been on WW for 8weeks and have found that the plan does work for me, i do have small losses of 1/2lb - 1lb and thats ok.

How do you spend your weeklies? I find that if I use my weeklies on wine or cider I dont not get a loss, yet if I use the weeklies on food I always get a loss

Are you having lots of fruit and veg? I am cautious to not have anymore than my 5 a day, as they do have calories in them.

Also have you considered trying the Wendie Plan to help with plateaus?

I don't know if you are familiar with it but it was a way on the old points system of rotating your points to 'trick' your body. In the old system you would save a few of your points each day and then on the third day have lots of points (to ramp your metabolism up) then go back to having lower points for a few days, bump them up again, down again and then begin again.

I have read that some people are using their Weekly 49 Points in a similar way to shake their metabolism up. Here's the details of the original Wendie plan: The Wendie Plan

I the way it would work is that you use all your standard Daily PPoints as usual but distribute the Weeklies as per below:

Day 1 +2
Day 2 +8
Day 3 +3
Day 4 +18
Day 5 +2
Day 6 +9
Day 7 +7

I am gonna have a go of this if my weight loss comes to a halt.

Hope this is some help

Is she tracking everything and weighing her food? someone has told me that if you don't drink enough water that can stop you losing weight. I've started drinking around 2l a day now and I'm going to do what my leader said and cut my weeklies this week. I'll let you know next wednesday when I weigh in if it's worked

I've tried ProPoints once before (and the old system many times), and I do lose weight if I stick to it to the letter. Normally 1.5 - 2 lbs, but at least I was losing.

I have a lot to lose and I know that makes it easier at the start. I've seen lots of notes about people struggling with the new version.

One of the things that I've learned is to really focus on protein and limit carbs if I can. Not to a huge degree, but it does seem to help a little bit.

Cheekypasterfield - Thank you so much forreminding me about the Wendie plan. I'd completely forgotten about it but it got me out of the rut I've been in for the past few weeks.

Dia Duit Puisín said:
Cheekypasterfield - Thank you so much forreminding me about the Wendie plan. I'd completely forgotten about it but it got me out of the rut I've been in for the past few weeks.

Hiya you're welcome and glad that it helped. I've had my first STS so if i get anymore I'm gonna try it lol

I've also never heard of the Wendie plan but i like it in theory... plus the big +18pp's would fall on a Friday for me, and Friday's are always my downfall!

Gonna sound stupid but is your first day the day you get weighed? So I get weighed on a Wednesday morning so I would use 2 weeklies that day meaning the 18 would fall on a sat? Would suit as covers a full bottle of wine!! ;)

Yes your first day is the day you get weighed - well it is mine anyway, as i weigh in a morning, then start the day with a new bunch of points, so i weigh on a Tuesday so my big day would be a Fri, if you're a Wed then your big day would be a Sat.

I guess some people their first day would be the day after they weigh in, if you weigh in of an evening... but i do it online and on a Tuesday morning i enter my weight and the e source gives me a new batch of shiny weeklies to spend on chocolate :D

I weigh in on Wednesday evenings (anytime between 4 and 6.30 depending on which meeting I can get to) so my day 1 is Thursday.

I know on pro points you can't take your daily points left over to another day, but has any one done it and still lost weight? I was a bit naughty yesterday and had a maccies so I've used half my weeklies already. I was hoping I might be able to carry dailys over if I need to??
Thanks guys

I think I'm gonna kinda follow this wendie plan from saturday till next saturday and see how it goes for me! Can't wait for Tuesday ;) x

I know on pro points you can't take your daily points left over to another day, but has any one done it and still lost weight? I was a bit naughty yesterday and had a maccies so I've used half my weeklies already. I was hoping I might be able to carry dailys over if I need to??
Thanks guys

You cant carry dailies over hon, thats why we have weeklies now. You could earn some AP though?! Go for a long walk or something. Dont starve yourself today over a maccies yesterday chick - dailies = use them or lose them! xx

Thanks for that. I didn't think I'd be able to. It was worth a try though lol. I'll take the baby for a long walk in the pram instead. How many miles = a big mac haha

Hehe, its a fair few miles for a Big Mac. Don't fret hon. Draw a line under it as they say and be fairly "good" the rest of the week. We all have a wee blowout once in a while ;) xx

Back