does scan bran work?

Some people say so - a small amount of it is very filling and of course anything will a good amount of fibre will help.

But when you say "hardship" do you mean you have tried it and don't like it? Life is too short to eat things you don't like, and there are plenty of other sources of fibre.

:yuk: I tried some for the first time at WI last week and it was horrible! I drank half a bottle of diet pepsi just to get rid of the taste lol.

My consultant is always saying that it is really good for helping people get good losses but you definitely need to decide whether scan bran is worth eating! For me, definitely not:sign0137:

I would echo the above - there's no point eating something that you don't like! You're far more likely to get downhearted and fed up with the whole thing if you are making yourself eat something that is probably in all likelihood just as awful as most people seem to say it is!

Bran flakes and Ryvita (sweet onion flavour) are my favourite ways of getting fibre. However, you never know, try it and see if you like the scan bran but really you should be working out the best and nicest way to get a wide variety of foods and syns to lose weight, rather than thinking 'I'll eat loads of something horrid to make me lose weight quick', as sorely tempting as I know that is. You've got to enjoy what you're eating otherwise you'll be so downhearted all the time.

Still, I never thought I could swap normal tea for green tea but thats exactly what I did at the beginning of the year, and now I love the stuff!

ok does anyone actually like it then ? coz it seems not from the replies :p

In answer to ''does anyone actually like it then'' My advise would be to remove the Scan bran from the packet, throw it in the bin and eat the packet, I'm sure it would taste better and have less syn's ! :D

Errm, I like scan bran. Mind you, my OH says that's no recommendation because I just like eating full stop!

I like them with cheese triangles and red onion, banana and made in to scan bran cake which I make at least once a week.

I don't think they help me lose weight though in that my Consultant years ago used to say that if you ate a packet of scan bran during the week you were guaranteed 2lb loss. I only ever lost 1lb a week whatever I ate LOL

My SW buddy loves it! She spread LF laughing cow on it for lunch and they go all soft and she eats it! She also crumbles it into pasta and sauce - and let me tell you when she does the weight loss is always amazing! I reserve judgement on this topic though as I have never tried it!

Ive tired it with toppings on and hated it but in cakes its fine and can make pretty yummy ones! I had a sticky toffee cake last week, all for 4 and half syns! YUM! Try it and give it a go! x

I can't stand the stuff and I'd eat anything it's been said I'd eat next door neighbours cat it was low in syns! That said I have used it for cooking with and it turned out ok! X

I'm one of the minority - I really like Scan Bran :D (not the oat bran one, the really branny one).

I have it for brekkie with either a sliced banana on top, or Laughing Cow Light and sliced tomatoes. And loads of water LOL

I think there's only one other lady apart from myself at my group who actually like it :D

I can not pass any opinion as I have never seen it on sale here.

I am curious though as hopefully we will be back in the U.K. soon.

How does it help you to lose weight ?? Is it because you are more *regular* as I have no trouble at all on SW.

I do eat ryvitas everyday.

I'm one of the minority - I really like Scan Bran :D (not the oat bran one, the really branny one).

I have it for brekkie with either a sliced banana on top, or Laughing Cow Light and sliced tomatoes. And loads of water LOL

I think there's only one other lady apart from myself at my group who actually like it :D
do you think it is a good factor in your weight loss

my C said to break up a couple into porridge and it takes on the taste of the porridge ?

AND it;'s good for weight loss?

I made the cakes with it - 4 (I think) scan bran and 1 weetabix - made a christmassey one and the orange or carrot one, it was lovely.

Gilly x

i dunno if i like it or not lol

i would have 1 and i break it up and cover it in yoghurt to mask the taste of it :)

Back