does slendertone work?

amethyst

Banned
Does slendertone work? i have the belt in my drawer i remember using it once and it felt like i was getting elec shocks.. do they really work? and whats with the gell pads how would you connect them to the slendertone? (curious) lol

If you didn't have the gel pads attached it would have been a very odd experience! the gel pads go over the metal buttons inside the belt.
I have one. It only worked noticeably (visually) once I got closer to goal though so I gave up the first time I started with it. My stomach is much stronger. ( it was really weak after an operation) I now have fairly solid muscle. (hidden under just a bit of wobble!).

You do have to use it quite a lot to keep it up though, which reminds me, I'll put it on now! I use it for 35 mins every 2 to 3 days on max (130). Hope that helps!

I have used it, Also the thigh one. answer is, nothing works better then a 30 min work out on the cross trainer, but if you want to use it as an add on tonning device then its all good.
Crunches are the best for tummy, I was doing 150 everyday before SS. I am going to get back to working out routine after 2nd week as I didnt want to shock my body with no food + workout right away. :)

I often use the cross trainer for an hour a day, it really firmed up my arms and hips/thighs, but never totally worked on my stomach. I had real trouble with crunches as I had really weak stomach muscles from an operation, and also found they hurt my back.
I don't advocate using the slendertone as an alternative to 'real' exercise, but it is a good addition for me!

Hiya hun ^
did you try using the abdominal trainer? it helps, Cross trainer works different for different people I fully agree.
For me, each time I start a diet or gym, my tummy dissapears first thing. Thighs are my problem area.
I now have Abs King Pro for crunches, It works great but needs a little more effort.

My tummy is definitely my difficult area. My thighs aren't a major problem, apart from starting to look a bit muscly when I'm slimmer!
Keeping my weight down, and using the slendertone is the only way I can stop my tummy escaping over the top of my trousers!!

Back