Does sw work for everyone

yummy-mummy2b

Hi all

I have tried sw, ww slimfast in the past with no luck, except for a stone loss on ww. I then get bored and change diets, and this can happen every couple of weeks. So if i was to try sw, and not change, would i lose???
I am also 33 wks pregnant and want to sort myself out before baby comes so when it is here, im clear what diet to get back onto.

So please help me decide, i have a big appetite and about 4-5 stone to lose, and i love carbs.

Thanks xx :eek:

Sw works for absoultly everyone, big or small losses as long as you follow it 100% right, the question is whether you enjoy the diet and can see it as a long term plan, whilst fitting around your lifestyle.

xox

As Fern says, followed correctly it does work for everyone. But it has to be followed correctly.

Out of all the 'diets' around SW is my favourite. That may sound hypocritical as I've just changed from it but that's because I've personal things going on that have put me in the 'wrong place' mentally to follow it but I'll definitely be back on it in a few months xx

I'd definately say it works. You can tell just by looking at how well people have done on here!!

Once you get your head around it it's easy to stick to, and as long as you make sure you do follow it correctly you'll see the loses. Which is a tremendous feeling!!

Good luck xx

Absoloutely it works if you follow it correctly.
This is the first diet i have ever tried properly and have lost 24lbs in 6 weeks (my son 27lbs in 6 weeks) eating food i love.
I'm never hungry between meals anymore and have re-educated myself about food and how to cook it the healthy way and still have my treats.:D

I think you also need to give some thought about why the other plans you have tried have failed, and how you can stop that happening on SW. If you're prepared to make some changes and put a bit of effort in then it can be a very successful plan that you can continue with for the rest of your life.

I love SW and think it is a fab plan but am currently doing Extra Easy and it is NOT working for me.:mad: (and i am sticking to it) Since starting it i have felt bloated and full of wind:eek:. I'm not giving up though. Have given my food diary to my consultant and if i don't lose any this week (so far this week i have actually gained!!!!:eek:) I'm gonna try Original days as i think the carbs are affecting my tummy.

I have stuck to 3 home made meals a day with plenty of fruit and veg in between and have had no chocolate or crap for nearly 2 weeks except for one night when i had some naughty food and drink - last Saturday night during a stay at a hotel. Have been as good as gold since.

Am so depressed as i really want this to work as it really is the easiest weight loss plan i have done (and i've done them all:sigh:)

It does seem to work for everyone else though!! I must be one of the few exceptions:cry:

Not so sure myself

I'm not sure that SW works for me. I'm so disappointed as it was so easy. I joined at 10st 2.5lb (BMI 22) and six months later I'm now 10st 8.5lbs (BMI 23). I wanted to lose about 8lb - that's all.

I've tried over and over and I keep telling myself to give the plan another week. I have had losses but other weeks I've followed it to the letter and gained or stayed the same. Unfortunately the gains have outweighed the losses, as you can see. I really think it's my portion sizes that are the problem - I just wish it wasn't so as I have enjoyed the ease of the plan and wanted so badly to stick with it and have it work :(

Every SINGLE diet works if you are 100% and follow it correctly.!!!!!
You can still eat too much on slimming world and not lose weight. The main message is moderation but if you have the wrong attitude to food and eat when you aren't hungry or stuff food in even when you are full, even Slimming World won't work. If you are able to read your body's signs of true hunger and when it is full, yes it will work x

I dont think you can claim its works for EVERYBODY as every body is different, some people find they have to lower the syn allowance, not do green days etc to suit their needs.

I dont think you can claim its works for EVERYBODY as every body is different, some people find they have to lower the syn allowance, not do green days etc to suit their needs.

I agree Becky, I've joined SW 3 times in the past only to leave when the weight didn't move and YES i did follow it 100%:p as i am now bar 1 night (and SW does say that you shouldn't deprive yourself if you have a special occasion using flexible syns). As i said i love SW because i don't feel the need to nibble and snack and it is so healthy but everyone is different. But it is very depressing to go to class when the girl who joined the same week as me lost 6lbs and me nothing. I'm not giving up yet but we shall see.;)

Jaxie, did you go to SW directly from Cambridge Diet? I joined SW straight after doing WW and my consultant said 'my metabolism was knackered' as I'd been eating so little for so long.

I put on half a pound in my first week on SW and stayed the same the second week. This meant I binged in week 3 as I felt rotten and then I gained 4 lbs! Big mistake...I did lose it again the following two weeks though and then gained again the week after. Some of the gaining has been my own fault - if I gain when following the plan to the letter it's usually only half a pound to a pound.

Hi Nat,

No i've been off Cambridge for a while now. Was just trying to be healthy but i do agree with you, jumping on and off CD is not good for you and i have now walked away from it. Healthy eating is the way forward along with regular exercise. I'm just concerned that these unpleasant symptoms i have been recently getting are linked to my yo-yoing between diets. Think i need to stick to one plan for a while in order to get my body back to whatever normal is:(

Jaxie, did you go to SW directly from Cambridge Diet? I joined SW straight after doing WW and my consultant said 'my metabolism was knackered' as I'd been eating so little for so long.

I put on half a pound in my first week on SW and stayed the same the second week. This meant I binged in week 3 as I felt rotten and then I gained 4 lbs! Big mistake...I did lose it again the following two weeks though and then gained again the week after. Some of the gaining has been my own fault - if I gain when following the plan to the letter it's usually only half a pound to a pound.
As you are already well into normal BMI I would suggest you really look at your portion size at this stage as you will need considerably less food than when you first started dieting x

Thanks :) I think you're right. When I used to go to SW group they told me not to worry about my portion size at all and that I should just let my hunger signals guide me - I think my hunger signal is a piggy! So many people would come in saying that they had eaten like pigs and still lost weight and this frustrated me so much! What I have to remember is that I am well within healthy BMI and it will take me longer to lose the last bit. These people who have been doing SW for a while have probably adjusted their portion sizes naturally as they've lost weight and hence they're still losing weight while I'm stuck!

When i started SW this time i focused on EE plan and found i was very bloated and windy which really concerned me as I wanted SW to be a lifestyle and i knew that I could not live that way. However this lasted about a month and i found if for me a way of stopping this happening was giving up activia fat free, although they are meant to help bloatedness they just made me worse. When i stopped these my losses improved and i feel loads fitter and healthy and loving SW again.

I know what you mean about being bloated - quorn does it to me. I usually have one or two mullerlights a day (sometimes with mixed berries) as well but I don't know that this makes a significant difference. If I have eggs, baked beans and quorn on the same day my tummy is usually really bad.

Back