Does SW work if only 1stone to lose

Of course it does lol - even if you start with 10 stone to lose you eventually just need to lose a few pounds if you are going to get to target ;)

But does it take longer to go? I have holiday in four weeks and not looking to have the stone off, but would like a few pounds

Also does it help wit sugar craving as I'm a junkie where sugar is concerned

You may find it is a bit slower coming off but that could be true of WW as well, but it is such an individual thing its impossible to predict. Just because a person has a lot to lose doesn't necessarily mean they lose weight quickly. It also depends how closely you follow the plan, your age, gender and whether you exercise or not. And sometimes you do all the right things and it still comes off slowly. But the point is it comes off! And whether it takes a month or a year it doesnt matter because you are giving your body the gift of healthy, nutritional foods.

And sugar cravings? Thats something that you can control by making good decisions I think. A lot of people find that they suffer sugar withdrawal symptoms when they start a healthy eating plan - they get headaches and feel lethargic. If you eat a lot of sugar you will likely find this too but drink lots of water and it will pass in a few days. Eat fruits as they are high in natural sugars and remember that you have your syns to use as you see fit. I have found that over time I'm really not bothered by the biscuits and cakes I used to eat a lot of and can take them or leave them. I decided to cut them out and broke my sweet tooth so to speak. Now on the rare occasions I want something like that I choose a low syn option. Other people prefer to use all of their syns for chocolate and it works for them. Thats the beauty of SW, nothing is off limits, you are never hungry, its perfectly family friendly with minimal weighing and measuring, and so flexible that it fits with anybodys lifestyle :)

I only have 1.5 stone to lose but have started SW. I eat loads so food optimising works well for me! Also I have zero motivation normally and am super lazy. I'm hoping going to group helps me keep losing and also working towards body magic gets me moving. Good luck with your weight loss!

Absolutely, I have done SW for more or less 7/8 years but found myself getting into bad habits so I went back to group two weeks ago, I only have 10lb to lose and managed a 3lb loss my first week! once I lose the 10lb I will be back to a size 8 so even if you don't have a lot to lose like me it's still working for me and I have still been going out of a weekend so I'm not even being 100% either! I am however mixing it up a lot more now I'm back at group and have got lots of new ideas, I follow the red/green plans though not EE.

Last year I had a stone to lose and lost half a stone in 3 weeks before I went. My second half stone takes a bit longer to come off. Trouble was I then gained it back on holiday.

Back