Does the hunger ever go?

Katface

I'm on day 4 and am really struggling. I've been feeling so hungry ever since I started, the shakes make no difference what so ever! I've been reading loads of posts that say once the ketones kick in the hunger will go but the majority of people on here are saying they've had no hunger at all! I feel like I'm going insane! If it doesn't improve by the end of the first week I'm gonna have to give up I think :(

dont give up..... im on day 4 like you..... ive started drinking black tea with a sweetener, thats the only this thats got me thru today, try doing things to take ya mind off it.... like walking or reading.... anything..... im not sure if the hunger goes, im sure it will cos all the other people said it does. xxx

yes! day 4-5.. 6 MAX you should begin to notice reduced hunger as you enter ketosis. I rarely rarely ever get hungry and I pretty much have no appetite for food anymore. That is the beauty of this diet, after the first few days, if you stick with it 100%, it's the easiest diet to follow in the world in my opinion :) hang in there lovely!

Hiya Katface - I was just like you at first. I really hadn't helped the situation because I really pigged out before I started which resulted in awful carb and caffeine withdrawal. Duh! As soon as you really hit ketosis, things get so much easier - I got to really look forward to my shakes and now they seem to fill me up like a meal so hang in there, babe!

I was on this a few years ago and starting again tomorrow. What helped me was splitting the odd shake or two. So when you get hungry you can have an extra shake without adding calories. The hunger will definitely pass after the first week.

Back