Does the hunger ever stop??

strawberry twig

Is officially a Loser!!!!
Hi Everyone

I'm on my 5th Day of Cambridge today and I'm well into Ketosis according to the Ketostix, but I feel really hungry sometimes and I wondered if it gets any better with time??

I have stuck to the diet religiously, had nothing other than 4 CD meals on the first two days and 3 CD meals everyday since. I have had peppermint tea and 2.25 lts of water everyday apart from Saturday (only managed 1lt).

I feel ok in myself just a bit weak I suppose, but sometimes I feel really hungry - like really really hungry. Will it get better????

I was starving at the weekend and im on 810,i know i am in ketosis,think a lot of it is mind over matter,i do drink loads of water though when i get hungry it does fill me up maybe drink a bit more water if you can x

I was starving at the weekend and im on 810,i know i am in ketosis,think a lot of it is mind over matter,i do drink loads of water though when i get hungry it does fill me up maybe drink a bit more water if you can x

Oh I really hope it goes away. I really struggle with the water, I will find it easier once I can add flavours I think. Plain water is vile :jelous:

Plain water makes me gag,it will be much easier for you with the flavourings xx

Keep at it lovely, it will definitely get easier. This is my third spin on this diet and each time I've found by the time I've hit the middle of the 2nd week the hunger goes, especially with drinking lots of water. Hot drinks like black tea and coffee and green tea will also help keep it away.

Keep at it lovely, it will definitely get easier. This is my third spin on this diet and each time I've found by the time I've hit the middle of the 2nd week the hunger goes, especially with drinking lots of water. Hot drinks like black tea and coffee and green tea will also help keep it away.

Thanks, I am detemined to stick with it but I do struggle at times. I'm going to ask for some flavours for my water at my first weigh in on Thursday. I've started drinking peppermint tea but i'm not too keen lol x

it will definitely get better. im on day 6 and dont feel hungry at all since day 4. keep drinking xx

Will do, Thanks :)

Yes!! It seems like it won't but it will, mine went yesterday (day 4) but I went into ketosis on day 2 which is early for me, last time the hunger went by day 7.. Try and drink if you can, it really helps me - maybe fill some bottles with water to keep on the side to help you keep a good track of how much you're drinking?

ok so I'm on day 100 and something and I must say that this myth about not being hungey is not something I'd buy into anymore. Yes sometimes it works, CD definitely gives you incredible energy for such a low calorie diet but hunger keeps staying with me. I guess hormons are stronger than ketosis. It helped me more to learn that hunger was not an emergency and that I could cope with it rather than waiting for this to go away once and for all. It will never do. Wishing you the best on your journey :)

Illa said:
ok so I'm on day 100 and something and I must say that this myth about not being hungey is not something I'd buy into anymore. Yes sometimes it works, CD definitely gives you incredible energy for such a low calorie diet but hunger keeps staying with me. I guess hormons are stronger than ketosis. It helped me more to learn that hunger was not an emergency and that I could cope with it rather than waiting for this to go away once and for all. It will never do. Wishing you the best on your journey :)

Thanks for the advise hun x I try n think positive n it does help. I'm strong at the minute but I do worry Il have a moment of weakness when I feeling really hungry n end up eating something.

Hopefully my first weigh in tomorrow will motivate me :)

Illa are you on the 810 from looking at your stats? I was hungry on that one but never on SS/SS+!

Day 33 and I still get ravenous bouts. They become easier to resist though as the weight falls off you!! I'm surprised by my own Resolve.. Just keep picturing you at your goal weight, that's enough to ignore the hunger. Drink lots of hot drinks!! I'm allowed milk on my plan so alongside 4 litres I drink lots of tea and coffee which fills me up. Hope this helps..

astar2011 said:
Day 33 and I still get ravenous bouts. They become easier to resist though as the weight falls off you!! I'm surprised by my own Resolve.. Just keep picturing you at your goal weight, that's enough to ignore the hunger. Drink lots of hot drinks!! I'm allowed milk on my plan so alongside 4 litres I drink lots of tea and coffee which fills me up. Hope this helps..

Thanks hun x I can't have milk n I don't like black coffee or tea x I'm gonna ask for some flavourings tomorrow on my weigh in x I'm just not drinking enough I don't think x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How's it going now strawberry? Any easier?

Just a thought, you said from your OP you're well in to ketosis - is that from the colour on your ketostix? The darker the colour the more you need to drink, it should only be on the lighter one! I hope you get on okwith the flavourings - coke zero used to be allowed on SS but they stopped it, I must admit I still have a can or a 500ml bottle a day and it doesn't affect my hunger or losses!

I find that any hinger pangs i do get pass in about 4-5 mins and a glass of water with or without flavouring helps it on it's way :) good luck xx

How's it going now strawberry? Any easier?

Just a thought, you said from your OP you're well in to ketosis - is that from the colour on your ketostix? The darker the colour the more you need to drink, it should only be on the lighter one! I hope you get on okwith the flavourings - coke zero used to be allowed on SS but they stopped it, I must admit I still have a can or a 500ml bottle a day and it doesn't affect my hunger or losses!

Hi there,

I'm doing ok. I have stuck to it religiously and I'm managing to drink 2-3 ltrs a day with the flavorings but that hasn't affected the colour of the ketostix. They are really dark mornings and number 4 evenings?

I still get really hungry alot of the time tho. I just try to keep busy but sometimes I feel quite weak.

I have just got some fibre stuff from my CDC as I cant seem to go to the toilet either. I'm not in pain or discomfort but its been like 5 days now I think. Like I say I drink lots now 2-3 litres a day.

I just hope it doesnt effect my weight loss on thursday.

Back