Does the time of the month make a difference to your weight loss?

skb

Does the time of the month make a difference to your weight loss, as it's my weigh in day tomorrow and ive just hopped on to the scales to find I am now 15 4.2 (I was 15 4.4 last Sat) :confused:

Last edited:
If you are due on, or are on your period you can gain a substantial amount in fluid weight. Anything up to 9lb! So if you are in that period (pardon the pun) then to still be showing a loss is great!

I can't tell, but I think so. People usually gain because they're bloated - you're lucky! x

I was extremely lucky to have a loss too but usually you do face a STS or gain those weeks cos like MLM said you hold onto water ..

Its really weird but i tend to lose more when im on my period. I always feel really slim when im on my period, its like when i get pregnant i lose weight in the first couple of weeks. Strange or what!

My weight loss is usually really affected by that time of the month - for two weeks of the month I don't loose or I put on weight and the following two weeks I can loose up to 8lbs! As long as I loose roughly about 6 or 7 pounds a month I don't stress about it - it's the long term loss I'm interested in.

Its just water weight. It will come off the next week.

Its really weird but i tend to lose more when im on my period. I always feel really slim when im on my period, its like when i get pregnant i lose weight in the first couple of weeks. Strange or what!

im the same i usually have a good weight loss on these weeks

I will go up about 2 pounds in the days leading up to my period, and then it will go again three days or so after the start, so sometimes it shows on the scales depending when weigh-day falls, but its only water so don't let it get you down, because it will right itself the next week.

Totally, I tend to either STS or gain 1/2 a lb star week but this week I lost a lb so assume I was meant to lose more but it's not showing cause of the ole gift from mother nature.

i hate period week on ww i used to gain 3lb only had one wi on sw and gained 0.5lb so all good will let you know next week

I feel so much better after reading these, I always hate weigh in during my period or just before my period. I don't usually have good weigh in's because of bloating and my boobs feel like they double in size :rolleyes:. It always makes me feel disheartened. xxx

It can if I let it. I have to take aquaban, keep my sodium and caffeine intake minimal and increase my fluid intake.

Back