Original does this diet really work?

singingfatlady

Hi, I've done other diets over the years!
Joined a group a few weeks ago, but can't get my head around it! I know how to do it, but can't believe by eating so much it CAN work!:confused:
Please push me in the right direction!! x

If you look at everyones stats under their avatars you will see the evidence! I WILL get my 2 and a half stone sticker this week! The fact is that we've been conditioned to think that to lose weight you have to starve yourself! It isn't true. SW means that most of the food you will be eating is low density ie low in calories, with meat there is only so much you can eat to feel full. But it's all carefully balanced, and you MUST have your syns or you won't lose as fast!
Just forget all you've ever learnt about losing weight and enjoy eating yourself slim!

As Judi says, it really does work, and has been proved by the amount we have seen people lose here.
Yes, forget about all other diets about food restrictions. I have tried almost everyone in the book since my teens and SW is the only one that works for me, as the others you put on weight as soon as you start eating normally again. With SW you retrain yourself and should keep it up for life. That is not difficult as you are never hungry. I got over confident when I reached my target previously. I won't do that again. This time it's for ever.
Good luck. Stick to it, and it WILL work!

Yes!
It works in 2 ways- changing your mindset towards food and eating being 'bad' AND you lose weight too.

I am nearly 5 and a half stone down, but more importantly my relationship to food has changed. I no longer demonise it, but really enjoy lots of fantastic meals and occasional treats- I genuinly am past the point of feeling like I am on 'a diet'

This is not quick fix- it's a way of changing your life

Are you ready for the challenge............?

When someone says they dont get how it works (thou they lost that week) my leader says "well I dont get gravity but both slimming world and gravity just do "work" "
some things you dont need to know why just trust they do.

If you look at everyones stats under their avatars you will see the evidence! I WILL get my 2 and a half stone sticker this week! The fact is that we've been conditioned to think that to lose weight you have to starve yourself! It isn't true. SW means that most of the food you will be eating is low density ie low in calories, with meat there is only so much you can eat to feel full. But it's all carefully balanced, and you MUST have your syns or you won't lose as fast!
Just forget all you've ever learnt about losing weight and enjoy eating yourself slim!

Couldn't have said it better myself (tried to rep that but it wouldn't let me finish my comment!)

Agree with everything written above. And to prove the point, in my second week I 'cheated' the system - not in a bad bingey way, quite the opposite. I was so sure that cutting my syns was the answer that I had hardly any - and I put 3lb back on. Did it right this week (probably could have still had some more syns but it's trial and error) and lost 2lb.

I am not a scientific person but I was intrigued as to how it could be that you eat more and lose more - and the non-scientific result for me was that previously I had been starving myself of lots of volume, but filling myself with 'good salads' etc - but slathering dressings and mayo etc on them - that kind of thing.

Trust it, it will work :D

yes it is true it definatly works, i still am amazed at how much you can it on it, and my other half is always commenting on how much i eat and still manage to lose weight!

Back