Does this get easier???

jazzy67

Hi All,

I only started SS yesterday for the first time. I have not cheated at all and not struggled too bad with being hungry today, but the cravings are a nightmare, I am concerned that it is just going to get worse... does it???

I have 3 stone to lose which seems like such a big task for me, so I am praying that when I have my weigh in next Monday the loss I have made is enough to motivate me to continue. I am someone that is motivated by results, so if I have not reached a decent loss I will lose the motivation I have.

Am I setting my sights to high to be hoping for a minimum of 5LBS in my first week?

I love to read all your comments and posts on here, I spent two weeks before I commited to the CD reading everything you all had to say, and have to admit it is a great motivator to see all the positive progress!!!

Well Done to all of you, I just hope I can do half as well! :)

Jazzy xx:D

Last edited:
Hi jazzy and welcome to CD and the forum. It does get easier. The first 3 to 4 days are the worst but once ketosis kicks in it's a lot easier. I restarted today and I also have around 3 stone to lose. When I did it last time I lost 8lbs the first week so ur 5lbs should be more than doable. Good luck with your journey xx

Hi fireheart, I am guzzling more water than ever before, I feel like I will burst. It does stop me being hungry, but not working in stoping the cravings. Luckily I have emptied the house of pretty much all food (I live alone so easily done)so no matter how bad the cravings get I can't give in.

I have hung around the house a few dresses I am determined to get back into as part of my motivation, so fingers crossed that will help too. :D

I hope you are coping with your first day ok!! Is this your first time at this CD?

Stay Strong, we will both do it I am sure :)xxx

Its harder for me as i have a partner and 3 kids But luckily my partner understands and he cooks so tht makes it easier on me. But i had to resist earlier in the cafe! It was a real test but i did it :)
X

Ahh thanks Emz, that is good to know, as was thinking I might have been expecting to much, but if I lose the 5lbs I will be jumping for joy!!

I keep thinking, 'roll on ketosis' time, well except for the expected bad breath!! But as they say no pain no gain, and these cravings are a killer!! :p

I hope I can do as well as you did/are... thanks again, and good luck with this next 3 stone xxx

Wow well done you FireHeart, not sure I am brave enough to venture out to cafes just yet. Must be hard when you have children and a hubby, as so many temptations around, but thinking if you can resist cafe offerings on day 1 you will be just fine!!!

Keep it up!! xx

Back