Does this happen to anyone else??

Chezzg

Over the last three weeks along with writing a food journal, I have also been writing a feeling journal, and I have found that around 2.30pm to 3pm, I start to feel really down :-( I will sit and try and figure out why I'm feeling like this, but I honestly don't know..... then..... I want to eat everything and anything, so I have been drinking a glass of water and eating a piece of fruit, and trying to keep busy to distract myself ..... Today I failed miserably and had a biscuit..... But only one ;-).

It usually only lasts for an hour and then I'm back to my normal self again. Does anyone else have this and what do you do to try and distract yourself/ overcome it?

Thanks for reading. ;-) x

wonder if its something your eating for lunch or not eating? maby sugar levels or something im no doc btw ;) maby have a yoghurt muller lite between that time see if you feel better, or take a walk :D

Hi Chezzg, I take it that you are keeping these journals as hand written ones as I can't see them online. Why not set up your diary on here and combine them so that we can see what and how things are happening and then we will be much more able to get an idea of what could be going wrong.
Sounds very much like one of those low sugar bouts seeing as you end up eating something sweet.
Lots of people on here who have a better idea and would be able to help you ... so do get that diary sorted if you want some proper advice.

Take care and all the very best to you...:)

Maybe you could chose this time to do some exercise like do a workout video if your not at work, to take your mind off feeling down. You'll probs feel alot happier afterwards

I used to find this when I was pregnant, I put it down to sugar levels dropping. Maybe try having something to eat half hour before? X

Does sound like sugar levels. How long is this after you eat your lunch? And what kind of thing do you eat for lunch?

I usually eat at about 12.30 and I do green and original days , so usually have something like a baked potato with beans and a salad, or a sandwich like tuna or ham and then some fruit.

I think you all could be right about sugar levels, as some days I actually get the shakes..... Maybe I should go and get checked out? Or maybe I should eat a bit more? I generally tend to eat until I feel satisfied, but not full - I used to do WW, but struggled with the limited amount of food..... I love my food, but I'm also wondering if I've still got a bit of the WW mindset?

Thanks for all of your help

Actually it's quite normal! Most people have two low points at 3am ( most suicides occur at this time, you know the saying it's always darkest before the Dawn!) and 3pm when our bodies go into a slump! It's why experts recommend power naps at this time OR some exercise, so find a way to move about!

Thanks Shirleen.

That would explain why I suddenly feel exhausted when I'm out with my friends in the early hours ;D And why, at the moment, I want to kill all the customers mid-afternoon.

Seriously though, that makes a lot of sense. xx

haha this is funny thinking about it cos when i do a 12 hr shift on a sunday between 3 - 5 pm i could go on a killing spree :D i hate customers they suddenly become so fecking annoying and there always wrong haha ! around 5 though i perk up and everything seems ok again lol : /

Shirleen said:
Actually it's quite normal! Most people have two low points at 3am ( most suicides occur at this time, you know the saying it's always darkest before the Dawn!) and 3pm when our bodies go into a slump! It's why experts recommend power naps at this time OR some exercise, so find a way to move about!

Geez!! I never knew that, but it does make sense! Do you think my boss and colleagues will mind if I nap on my desk or start doing aerobics in the middle of the office? Lol!! Seriously though ..... I'll have to find something to do, to keep me pre occupied around this time.

Thanks everyone for your input, will try out a few things and let you know how I get on. :) xx

It takes 20 minutes for caffiene to hit too so have a coffee at 2.30 then hand deliver any memos, or do some energetic filing at 3pm!!!!!

Energetic filing: put the pile on the floor and do squats to pick each file up! Or if you can get away with it put the files as far from the cabinet as poss and file one at a time! Or take your tea break and walk around the block!

If it is due to a drop in sugar levels then I'd probably avoid eating things with too much sugar like chocolate in cos it might cause a high then another 'slump' in your sugar levels. I'd go for a muller light like someone said, alpen light bar, syn free hummus or tzatziki(can't spell it lol) with carrot and cucumber sticks,

I usually eat at about 12.30 and I do green and original days , so usually have something like a baked potato with beans and a salad, or a sandwich like tuna or ham and then some fruit.

I think you all could be right about sugar levels, as some days I actually get the shakes..... Maybe I should go and get checked out? Or maybe I should eat a bit more? I generally tend to eat until I feel satisfied, but not full - I used to do WW, but struggled with the limited amount of food..... I love my food, but I'm also wondering if I've still got a bit of the WW mindset?

Thanks for all of your help

Yep, bread and baked potato are starchy foods and if it's 2-3h after eating them that's definitely low blood sugar. Its probably fine but if you're getting the shakes you might want to get it checked with your doctor to be on the safe side.

The best thing you can do is to make sure you eat little and often, dont leave big gaps between your meals. Also cut stuff that's high in sugar, although I guess you're doing that anyway if youre on SW.

Also make sure you keep moving about - it gets your body breaking stuff down to keep your sugars up.

Back