Does this mean it's all over?

moggy

Hi,

I did the Sole Source plus diet perfectly for 6 weeks and lost 2 stone. That got me to a size 14 and I was so happy. I have 2 weeks left until I go on holiday but for the last 2 weeks I have not been able to get past day 2 or 3 of restarting it after a break and I am so miserable. I feel so guilty and now I am starting to feel that I will never be able to master the CD again. I don't know whats wrong with me. I really want to get back to where I was. I havn't put on any weight. I have stayed the same but it's getting me down so much. Should I knuckle down and get over it for 2 weeks knowing how happy it will make me in the long run or give in? X

Maybe it would be easier to start on a higher plan. 810 or 1000? Shouldn't be as severe as going back to SS. I haven't got there yet, but I would think the less you have to loos when you start the harder it might be to motivate yourself, as you are not massively unhappy with where you are... if you get what I mean.

I know where your coming from I too am struggleing to stay ss at the mo 2 weeks is no time at all I'm sure your hols are a great incentive to keep you going I wish you good luck

Why are you not getting past day 2-3?

Family pressure?
Social stuff?
Comfort eating?

Whats going on that you are struggling this time round compared to when you first started?

Not being horrible just trying to work out whats changed? Once we get that sorted it should be easier to get you back on track.

Saying that, do you really want to get back on the CD train? Or do you feel for the moment you've had enough?

Oh Moggy, I'm with you, things are just the same for me.
I took two weeks 'off' having lost 3 stones over 12 weeks and am having all sorts of trouble getting going again and avoiding temptation which I keep giving in to. The two weeks off centered around my daughter's wedding, and other family gatherings. There has been so much yummy food around and I have been mucking about with CD, on and off. I am really fed up, I do want to get back on the wagon for the last stone and a half, but keep giving in to temptation. I feel really miserable.
I start work again tomorrow and really hope that being back to 'normal' will help to keep me focussed. I'd really appreciate the support from all you guys- Lexi, Lin and Tinker too and of course I offer mine in return. Good luck Moggy. Will catch up tomorrow. :wave_cry:

aww moggy, maybe start on a higher plan? You have done so well, you must be proud! It is harder to get back on the wagon when you don't have as much to lose.

Maybe it would be easier to start on a higher plan. 810 or 1000? Shouldn't be as severe as going back to SS. I haven't got there yet, but I would think the less you have to loos when you start the harder it might be to motivate yourself, as you are not massively unhappy with where you are... if you get what I mean.

Great point Tinka! :)

I'm on day 2 and finding it hard but it's my 1st go at cd! Reading this really emphasizes how important it is not to go off plan. I hope you manage to get back on track, good luck! Oh and don't give up! X

Oooh! Its certainly not easy getting back on it after the very first time. I've piddled about for months trying to get to goal but something just clicked last week and i'm now on day 6. My problem was that having lost 3 1/2 stone i was feeling fab, got complacent and never made it to goal.
It is good advice starting up the plans and working down, unfortunately for me, that doesn't work and i have to be all or nothing.
Two weeks will pass in no time and if you can do it, you will be feeling a million dollars for your holiday.
Good Luck
Mx

Mollydog, it'a great to read your post, it describes what I've been doing for the last fortnight and I had lost nearly 3.5 stones too. I've started again today, just hope I can keep up the motivation now.

Hi Moggy.......
Just wanted to send you big hugs hon. Of course its not over.. This is my first time on cd and have not stopped in between so cant comment as such .
Dont beat yourself up about it.. You have 2 weeks til hols so you can lose some more weight before it rather than perhaps adding a few pounds (not that you would but just in case)..
So chin up hon..... jump back on and you will feel great on your hols and feel more confident........ etc..... x

Thanks so much everyone. your all such a wonderful support. I am really going to try as it is important to me. In answer to lexie Dog it's mainly social things that keep getting in the way. It's really hot here in the isle of man and now it's the TT festival so there are beer tents and bikers everywhere and I really feel I am missing out! It's just so hard at this time of year. Still I will keep going for these 2 weeks and let you know how I got on. Thanks again. Godd to know i'm not the only one feeling like this. x

Hi Moggy, how's it going? I started again yesterday and all well so far. Good luck, I'm sure by supporting each other we can do it. Scary though isn't it?

Back