does this sound like an extra easy day??

charleybabes

Silver Member
went shopping before and bought a huge ham!..

going to have some friends round on sunday for lunch using the ham..
now normally i would just go for a green day because i love my spuds to much!.
but i can just taste this ham already and would like a decent amount and not just a hxb worth!
so thought i would go for the extra easy option...

as i dont follow this ever i dont want to get it wrong so i thought if i plan in advance what im going to eat ..maybe you could help me!

so here goes

breakfast - quinoa porridge made up with hxa milk and muller lite yogurt
chopped apple and melon

lunch - home made veg soup, bacon and tuna quiche and an apple

dinner - boiled ham, sw roast potatoes, carrot and swede mash, parsnips , roasted courgette and red onion

snack - 2 x alpen light (hxb)

does this sound ok..what would you change or add to it ??

Sounds good, just remember 1 hexa and one hexb on EE. Not sure what quinoa porridge is lol so dont know if thats free or if you are using syns for it. And as long as a 1/3rd of your plate at each meal is superfree food its all good :) xx

that sounds good- is the porridge free? usually porridge is a heb- dont know what quinoa porridge is.

but it looks good- definitely getting the 1/3 superfree in :D :D

LittleFlutterby said:
that sounds good- is the porridge free? usually porridge is a heb- dont know what quinoa porridge is.

but it looks good- definitely getting the 1/3 superfree in :D :D

Quinoa porridge is free, I bought some quinoa to try it and still haven't lol

thanks all..
ive looked in my syns booklet and it says that quinoa is free on green and ee so thats why i thought id have that .. keeps me full for longer aswell!!
so would you say that i had my 3rd super free in aswell..thats the bit that worries me the most..not getting that in.!

went shopping before and bought a huge ham!..

going to have some friends round on sunday for lunch using the ham..
now normally i would just go for a green day because i love my spuds to much!.
but i can just taste this ham already and would like a decent amount and not just a hxb worth!
so thought i would go for the extra easy option...

as i dont follow this ever i dont want to get it wrong so i thought if i plan in advance what im going to eat ..maybe you could help me!

so here goes

breakfast - quinoa porridge made up with hxa milk and muller lite yogurt
chopped apple and melon

lunch - home made veg soup, bacon and tuna quiche and an apple

dinner - boiled ham, sw roast potatoes, carrot and swede mash, parsnips , roasted courgette and red onion

snack - 2 x alpen light (hxb)

does this sound ok..what would you change or add to it ??

Sounds like you've gotten the hang of it to me! Wow, you have a lovely set of meals here.

You've done really well, and have gotten in plenty of SuperFree, and used both your Healthy Extra choices, well done.

The only thing I'd suggest is to possibly use some Syns. Don't forget they are part of the plan - I'd aim for at least 5.

Apart from that, looking really good! Hope your day goes really well and that you enjoy the Extra Easy plan xx

Just to check, as a quinoa fan myself. Are you making the porridge with the actual grain? Because that is what's free. You can get quinoa 'flakes' to make porridge with, that look a lot like regular porridge. Those won't be free.

yes im using the grain, i didnt know you could buy it in flakes!.. id never heard of it before until i saw it on honeyoc's food diary and just basically copied her and now its one of my fave breakfasts!!

Sounds like you've gotten the hang of it to me! Wow, you have a lovely set of meals here.

You've done really well, and have gotten in plenty of SuperFree, and used both your Healthy Extra choices, well done.

The only thing I'd suggest is to possibly use some Syns. Don't forget they are part of the plan - I'd aim for at least 5.

Apart from that, looking really good! Hope your day goes really well and that you enjoy the Extra Easy plan xx

thanks for the encouragement love!..
i shall probably have a merangue nest with squirty cream and a bubbly bites bar crumbled on top when everyone else is eating a fattening pud i shall still feel saintly!!:)

All sounds yummy. What time do you want us to arrive lol x

What does quinoa porridge taste like?

it doesnt really taste of anything... until you add to it, so i add a vanilla or toffee muller lite yogurt and it takes on that taste, you could add chopped fruit aswell ..its rather versatile!!:D

Thanks! I bought some today so will be finding out myself soon! :)

Back