does this sound silly? what's it like to be thin

I've never been thin either, I think the is a danger of thinking everything is perfect if you are thin... but in reality thin people have issues too. I look forward to thinville... first one there.. report back to the rest of us xx

Ive never been thin either - and honestly I just cant wait!

I think that I'll be more confident (although outwardly I AM confident - inwardly is another story) I think I'll be taken more seriously (strange as I dont currently feel that people dont take me seriously) I want to go into shops and choose clothes that I like not grab what they have in a size 20 and walk around the shop holding the hanger so no one can see the size tag. I want to wear knee boots with skirts and not feel like the circulation has been cut off in my calves, I wanna go to health farms with my slim friends, and go swimming without needing my towel within grabbing distance, I dont want to be out of breath when I walk up a steep hill........ need I go on?! Being slim will be great!

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that thin people have an easy life or anything like that - but personally for me I truly cant wait - and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner! xxx

i think its a brilliant question (sorry. gatecrashing from the cd forum)
ive never been thin i guess.. so it would be interesting to find out what someone says about it..

x x x

Hi guys,i was thin up untill being 20 im now 30,and it was the best ever,felt confident,loved wearing trendy clothes ,i could shop in river island ,top shop etc,i never worried about nights out and what i was gonna wear,so done worry you will love it,ive got 4/5 stone to lose until i feel like that again ,but with the support from you guys i feel like im gonna do it,
hope this helps,luv kat

Hiya

I can think of nothing negative to say about being slim it feels truly wonderful. Admittedly I did kind of have an emotional meltdown along the way when I felt exactly like you suggested... the person looking back from the mirror wasn't me, it wasn't a me that I knew, I didn't know what to do with her, how to dress her, how she behaved. But what I did know was that I liked her and wanted to get to know her. It takes some coming to terms with and I still struggle with seeing myself as slim. What I do see is a reflection that I like and I walk with my head held high.

Gxx

What exactly do you see in the mirror G? do you find it hard to think about the mirror before and now?

x x

Ooooh tough questions Kitteh...

What do I see in the mirror? More than anything I see someone that is happy, someone that has a sparkle in there eyes, someone that doesn't mind looking at themselves and enjoys the way they look, I see someone that looks confident but what I don't see is slim. Don't get me wrong I don't see someone that is fat either, more just someone that is average if you see what I mean.

To be honest the difference between now and then is that then I avoided mirrors pretty much as often as possible. I found it very difficult to look at myself and the only reason I would is to try and make sure as many lumps and bumps as possible were covered. When I look back at before photographs I see a sort of deadness in my eyes which saddens me.

Hope that in someway answers your questions.

Gxx

cheers for the comments girlies... more than welcome to gatecrash Kitteh

of course i'd love to be thin, n look great but you do meet skinny girls who are up their own ***** and i don't want to turn into someone like that. i'm not saying confidence isn't a good thing but sometimes it turns out to be a bit much. i guess it something to be aware of so you stay a nice person.

i can't wait to get into the knee highs like rainbow - actually finding some that fit would be a start! and not having to peruse the shops finding clothes that 'fit' - actually picking things up because i like them and then choosing the size that fits.

anyway enough reflecting... i've got a quite a few pounds to loose before i need to worry ;>)

Kat x

just seen the latter comments chocdrop and porgeous... thanks for the your honesty, you do look fab porgeous and you can see it in your eyes in the photos you've posted. i am looking forward to being able to be more honest with myself and being happier for it.

Keep sharing your feelings everyone - i'm sure it helps :)

enough from me now ,

kat x

Too be honest, im lookng forward to it but also when i nearly reached target before i did look in the mirror and i didnt recognise the person looking back at me, BUT when i looked in the mirror this morning i thought i looked good, then i had some photos taken today and i personally i think i look huge!
So gutted
Hey ho, show must go on and i have alot more to lose. Onwards and downwards.
Ruthy xxx

Ruthy - don't get downhearted, you've provided my much inspiration already so i know that you can do this. there are always going to be times when its hard, especially if you've been working hard at achieveing your goals.

do you have a piccie of you before you started - i bet you'll notice the difference...

keep your chin up - if nothing else it'll tone your muscles hee hee, sorry poor joke

K x

When I lost weight before, about 3 stone (have about 2 to lose at the moment) I found I used to pick clothes up in the shops and look at them and think 'I'll never get into that size'. So I'd take the next size up into the changing room and low and behold they were too big and I would need the next size down...or two.

I guess what I am trying to say is that although I lost the weight and was a size 12/14 (I'm 5' 9) I never really saw myself as being the slim person that I was. Have to say though, that its only now when I see pics of me then that I can see I was slim but I suppose thats because I can compare myself to how I am now having gained weight yet again (when will I learn, eh?)

Sam
xxx

I know what you mean Ruthy - I went to a party on Saturday night in some new clothes (bought some jeans that are a size 18, thats THREE sizes smaller than the size 24s I was wearing only nine weeks ago!) and thought I looked good (not great - but was pleased with what I saw) then I looked at the photos and didn't really see any difference to the old me. A bit disheartening I know - but we just gotta keep going xxx

I was going to reply to this thread - but then I thought "What's the definition of 'thin'?" :confused:

When I was a size 22/24 I might have answered "size 14 or 16", but now I'm a size 12 (sometimes even a size 10) I don't actually think of myself as 'thin'. Slim, maybe .. curvy, possibly ... but not actually 'thin' :rolleyes:

I'm a Cambridge Diet counsellor and saw a client earlier tonight who weighs exactly the same as I do (10 st 11 lbs) and takes the same dress size as me - yet she sees herself as 'fat' compared to her size 8 best friend and is desperate to lose a stone to get into a standard size 10 (she's 5'5" tall by the way).

Maybe it IS all relative - and thinness (as with beauty) is just in the eye of the beholder? :)

Not a silly question at all hon! People have all sorts of reasons for not dieting or sabotaging their diets, they use their extra weight to hide away from all sorts of things. Some build up in their heads that when they are slim they will have this entirely different life, but all you will be is slimmer and healthier, they have to make the rest of the changes themselves. Oh dear, not trying to sound like a psychiatrist or anything! LOL

I have never been thin and don't want to be thin, but I have been a healthy weight before and it felt fab. Clothes fit well, I could easily walk into the shops and grab something and it looked decent, and most importantly I was in better shape so I felt better in myself, slept better and generally had a more positive attitude as being healthier makes you handle stress better.

So that's what I am aiming for, healthy weight and feeling good!

xx

I was going to reply to this thread - but then I thought "What's the definition of 'thin'?" :confused:

When I was a size 22/24 I might have answered "size 14 or 16", but now I'm a size 12 (sometimes even a size 10) I don't actually think of myself as 'thin'. Slim, maybe .. curvy, possibly ... but not actually 'thin' :rolleyes:

I'm a Cambridge Diet counsellor and saw a client earlier tonight who weighs exactly the same as I do (10 st 11 lbs) and takes the same dress size as me - yet she sees herself as 'fat' compared to her size 8 best friend and is desperate to lose a stone to get into a standard size 10 (she's 5'5" tall by the way).

Maybe it IS all relative - and thinness (as with beauty) is just in the eye of the beholder? :)

I totally agree with you. xxx It is all relative x

Back