Does your mood/well being affect your weight loss?

Lucylu79

Gold Member
I don't feel like i'm having a 'good' week but on paper terms - ie my food diary - I have been.

Sorry for any blokes reading as this is mainly lady feelings so perhaps now would be the time to stop reading.....

I did the whole Xmas and eating thing - I enjoyed myself very much and got away with only gaining 1lb over the 4 weeks that I went off plan sometimes, I then had my birthday also.

I did a red week last week to try and kick start a loss but I went over syns with bday celebrations and so I stayed the same. This week i'm back to doing EE and I don't 'feel' very well inside.

I had my smear a week ago today and things just feel like i'm constantly about to 'come on' but i'm not due until next week.

I'm waffling... To get to the point i'm just wondering if you've ever had one of those weeks where your mood seems to overcome you and whatever you do it just won't do one! I've exercised more since my weigh in on wed's and i've had between 5-10 syns a day, no more and definately no less and ok, I know I shouldn't but I weighed this morning and things are going in the wrong direction!

I hope someone reads this and perhaps knows how I feel, else i'll just be even more bummed out!!! :4633:

Definitely for me. I know women who get stressed and just drop weight as they can't eat, however I am a stress eater. My job can be stressful and if I find I am stresses or out of sorts, I don't feel satisfied when eating certain foods. I crave stodgy foods and the feeling tends to override all good intentions! I try where I can to get some extra exercise.X
Steph

Urggghh, I just read through my measurements that I took when I got to this exact weight some weeks ago and my naval is measuring 1.5 inches bigger - I knew I felt bloated!!

Interesting reading on the subject:
Cortisol has been termed the "stress hormone" because excess cortisol is secreted during times of physical or psychological stress, and the normal pattern of cortisol secretion (with levels highest in the early morning and lowest at night) can be altered. This disruption of cortisol secretion may not only promote weight gain, but it can also affect where you put on the weight. Some studies have shown that stress and elevated cortisol tend to cause fat deposition in the abdominal area rather than in the hips. This fat deposition has been referred to as "toxic fat" since abdominal fat deposition is strongly correlated with the development of cardiovascular disease including heart attacks and strokes.

Love that 1lb of fat pic. It's actually quite alot when you see it like that.

Another morning waking up to feeling bloated and crap which is a shame really as this weekend every meal has been salad and something free like salmon/chicken.

Its the healthiest i've eaten in 4 weeks with Xmas and all of that and yet I feel worse. I know i'm not 'due' so perhaps i'm mis reading the cramping signs and actually my tummy id a bit 'off'......

MASSIVE TMI COMING UP............

I'm very windy (and I certainly don't smell like i've been eating salad)

Maybe its a sudden change of diet, I din't know, i'm just miserable and fearing for a gain on wed's already.

Lucylu79 said:
Another morning waking up to feeling bloated and crap which is a shame really as this weekend every meal has been salad and something free like salmon/chicken.

Its the healthiest i've eaten in 4 weeks with Xmas and all of that and yet I feel worse. I know i'm not 'due' so perhaps i'm mis reading the cramping signs and actually my tummy id a bit 'off'......

Maybe its a sudden change of diet, I din't know, i'm just miserable and fearing for a gain on wed's already.

Hi I joined SW last Monday, I don't have TOTM due to coil (think I get some symptoms mind) today was first chance of lie in for ages as our daughter at sleepover but no been up since 6am horrific stomach pains, yesterday in shower my stomach was huge (it's not small anyway - lol) I actually thought how bizarre - I am hoping it's down to healthier eating, in last week I have had headaches and I am weeing more than usual - I assume it's my body detoxing - I had lost 1.5 stone at WW but lost the plot around October luckily only gained some of it but feel EE is going to b good for me - just hope this stomach pain subsides once my body adjusts. Hope you start to feel better too. Xx

Keep up the good work and the healthy eating it will pay off at some point if you do :)
It could be psychological if you are worrying so much about it, trust the plan and try and relax :)
I have felt sometimes that it has been connected to how I have been feeling that the weight hasn't gone and vice versa.
If we are stressing etc then I suppose our bodies are reacting to that somewhere along the way and trying to protect us x

I think it could just be the sudden change in diet / the increase in fruit and veg. Also, have you been eating cereal bars? I know that one Alpen light, as innocent as it looks, can have me bloated (and Stinky - note the capital 'S'!!) for days. Shame because they're so handy as a HEx and snack and I really enjoyed them. If you have been eating them maybe try leaving them out for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

Hope you feel better soon.

No I haven't been eating them for a few days as i've been having e.v olive oil as my HEB, again another change as it would normally be 2 x Hi fi light or bread.

My face is awful too - real big boil type spots above my jaw line where I usually get break outs.

God talk about down in the dumps! Plus i'm off to hospital tomorrow to pick up my 7 day heart monitor. I didn't think I was worried but perhaps its all getting to me more than I feel.

Thanks for all your replies though!!!

x-x-x-x-x

I think you'll do great. I had some of the same symptoms when i first started but got after over time x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

yummymummie83 said:
I think you'll do great. I had some of the same symptoms when i first started but got after over time x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Hi there not sure if you realised but this is an old thread

Back