Does your period effect your loss?

BBBNH

hi,

after putting on 2lb last week (fell completely and utterley off the wagon as it was my birthday :eek:) i have been good this week, pointed everything, but used the majority of my weeklies. weigh in is tomorrow and i feel bloated, i feel full of water as i was due on a period today, now i'm nervous. last time i was weighed at TOTM i put on 1lb (although, i had been a bit naughty that week)

do you find that TOTM has an effect on your loss? i just feel like i will be so downhearted if i put on for a second week.

yes, TOTM affects your week, there's people who put on up to 7 lbs of water retention.

The good new is though that it's only water retention, so if you're going to put on anything this week it won't matter because you'll lose LOADS next week. I've always been a steady loser and normally I would only lose 0.5 lb on TOTM week and then 2.5 or even 3.5 lbs on the week after. It balances out eventually... you'll see it'll come off. DO NOT use it a an excuse for cheating, keep on working at the diet as well as you can and you'll see the difference next week!

xx

Hehe I'm the total opposite, I'll lose 3-4lb on totm weigh in. Strange how different our bodies treat us! I still bloat out massively though. I know people that gain 5-7lb too, its completely natural.

I get pain and discomfort when I ovulate caused by adhesions from endometrosis and I bloat at that time too. I had surgery a few years ago for the pain which helped a lot but last year my appendix burst and I think made more adhesions because it's getting worse again :( I feel like a big sore balloon today.

i'm quite worried about this because i have the implant which has made me very irregular and made my totm sometimes very long. does this mean i could not lose for as long as my totm was, even if it was up to 3 weeks?

I get pain and discomfort when I ovulate caused by adhesions from endometrosis and I bloat at that time too.

wi today and a sts even tho I've stuck to plan. Has the ovulation pains too. Wonders if its bloating from this :confused:. Sometimes it sucks to be a woman :sigh:.

have a feeling i'll have sts for the second week, even though i've stuck to the plan and done loads at the gym etc.

Hehe I'm the total opposite, I'll lose 3-4lb on totm weigh in. Strange how different our bodies treat us! I still bloat out massively though. I know people that gain 5-7lb too, its completely natural.

im the same i find i lose weight when it's my TOTM i feel bloated yeh but actually weigh less lol :)

meh. I'm shaking it up a bit anyway and going nuts on protein as I've been eating a lot of carbs. hoping a change will boot my body up the butt to loose some more weight.
I did a little research on periods and weight loss the other week, and the increase can be epic but it wont stay after you're finished. I lost 4lb period week but i started and finished in between wi days.

have only had 1 WI with my period which was my first WI and i lost 7lb!!! will be due my totm next week again but as i have the coil inserted they can sometimes be irregular or non-existant although i still get the cravings, the back ache, the sore belly and the bloating lol!!!

have WI today and haven't really been good this week (although not as bad as i can be lol) but i feel like i've lost weight (if thats possible) really hope i don't let myself down tonight!!!!!

Mine affects me exactly a week before my period comes, but not usually by much. I am very tired and hungry for the full week before too which doesn't help!

had my weigh in last night and lost 0.5lb, felt ok about it with it being TOTM, i haven't actually had my period yet but will do by tomorrow at latest. it's the week leading up to it and then first couple of days of it that i bloat.

hoping if i stick to plan and exercise that i will see a good loss next week, 2lb minimum i'm hoping for.

YES!! I usually lose on average 2 pounds a week, totm i usually stay the same but then the week after a loose 4ibs so it kinda makes up for it!
Theres nothing you can do about it- don't be discouraged, just keep on going!

Back